Baseplate issue

cnjman765

Hi, for a very long time I've had a route in progress, everything was fine up until yesterday, when suddenly all but one baseplate on the route vanished. It was a large route, but I have a smooth running machine which I use TRS19 on, and ran with 0 issue until now. I tried restarting the game and computer several times over the span of the day, but the rest of the route won't show. Strangely enough, all of the tracks are still there, just levitating over nothing. All textures and scenery has disappeared. I've never seen anything like this, and I would hate for well 1-2 years of work so far so just disappear in such a way. All of my other routes are still intact.

Thanks,
John

Unless you have deliberately disabled it, TRS19 has an automatic backup feature that will make multiple backups each day of your routes and sessions while you are working on them in Surveyor. These automatic backups are kept for the last 7 working days. You may be able to recover your work from there - but of course this will not explain why this has happened.

For information on Trainz backups see the Wiki at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Manage_Backups

I'm confused on how I access these backups? I certainly never disabled anything but whats there is just whats there. It's now starting to happen to other routes.

John

No luck. Backup folder is empty, but I certainly never intentionally disabled anything, and all previous sessions and versions of said route in the game has gained the same problem. It all happened very suddenly while I was working in surveyor. I've never seen something like this happen

Me neither. I would suspect that there is something wrong with your installation or even your permissions. Do you have full system access rights to your User Data folder? Do you run Trainz in administrator mode?

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been able to focus much on this recently. If i'm honest, i have no idea if I have system access rights nor exactly know what that means haha. I don't /believe/ I'm running it in administrator mode but once again I'm really not sure how to find out. All I know is since my last comment it's occurred to even more of my routes making me think I'll never get that work back. Would still love for some more help though! Sorry for any trouble if this is confusing.

John

What build number is your TRS19 install (the build number is shown on the bottom left of the Trainz Launcher screen)?

Build number is 105175

That is not a build number that I am familiar with. Is it Trainz Plus or a beta version of the next release of Trainz Plus? Steam? A Mac version?

Your best option would be to contact the Helpdesk (link at the top of this page) and give all the details including the build number.

I had this happen to one of my WIP large routes.

I did a deep database repair (hold ctrl button when selecting repair database) and the issue was gone!

This was build 100240.

TRS19-missing-baseboards.jpg

TRS19-Missing-baseboards-2.jpg

Last edited:
Just got hit with this problem in TANE, on a reworked (ing) Port Tillamook route. Backup is not working. It should be noted there will be more than one folder with the same name and at least one will be empty. I found the correct one, but dragging it into content manager doesn't work. I'll do a separate post in Tane for it. :confused:

Unfortunately the deep database repair did not restore them. I will try to get what I can get from the help desk. (This version if from steam, if that helps) Thank you

It's been 3 days since I've posted my question on the helpdesk and I've yet to get a reply. It says it generally takes 1-3 days, does it typically take any longer?

It's been 3 days since I've posted my question on the helpdesk and I've yet to get a reply. It says it generally takes 1-3 days, does it typically take any longer?

They don't work weekends so if you Posted it Friday it'll take until tomorrow for an answer. They will answer you though.

It may be different now (possibly not) but the Help Desk in the past was physically and digitally located in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia so it operates on Australian Eastern Standard Time where the date/time at this exact moment is Tuesday 07:25.

Just got the official word from the helpdesk, everything that has the issue is corrupted and in this case is not repairable. Oh well :(

Just got the official word from the helpdesk, everything that has the issue is corrupted and in this case is not repairable. Oh well :(

Join the club. Been there, done that. It also means that your backups will probably be corrupted as well.

The last time this happened to me I had kept several months worth of daily backups (see http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Manage_Backups#Backup_Plan_Basics) and was able to recover from a backup I had made prior to the corruption. Paranoia Pays!

Try applying a texture to the clear base boards. It happens to me sometimes but only one grid at a time and this brings it back.
Rick

Back