Re-installing TRS 2019 on a new hard drive - why does it say I am not authorized?

TomJohnson

Oldsquid
This may well have been dealt with before, but I couldn't find a relevant thread in the Search function, so here goes. I bought and installed TRS 2019 in 11/2019 on my dell quad-core PC, and have been enjoying it. However, my hard drive just failed, and now I need to get TRS 2019 onto the new (SS) drive. We copied over the original downloaded installer from my Downloads folder (I never deleted it after installing in November), and I still also copied the content (built-in and modified) to an external drive. When I ran the installer it very quickly installed (presumably just the built-in), then launched the game, but when I went to play it from the launcher screen, it first asked me about detail levels and then said I am not authorized. How do I get the game going? It never asked me for a serial number. I tried downloading from my account page, and all it did was launch a patch and then tell me it was already there. It seems confused, as am I -- what to do?
Many thanks in advance.

This may well have been dealt with before, but I couldn't find a relevant thread in the Search function, so here goes. I bought and installed TRS 2019 in 11/2019 on my dell quad-core PC, and have been enjoying it. However, my hard drive just failed, and now I need to get TRS 2019 onto the new (SS) drive. We copied over the original downloaded installer from my Downloads folder (I never deleted it after installing in November), and I still also copied the content (built-in and modified) to an external drive. When I ran the installer it very quickly installed (presumably just the built-in), then launched the game, but when I went to play it from the launcher screen, it first asked me about detail levels and then said I am not authorized. How do I get the game going? It never asked me for a serial number. I tried downloading from my account page, and all it did was launch a patch and then tell me it was already there. It seems confused, as am I -- what to do?
Many thanks in advance.

Put your user name and password in the launcher > Trainz Settings > Internet.

And after entering name and password double check that it was accepted. Seems sometimes I need do it twice. Perhaps I'm not exiting the fields properly or something so just double check. Perhaps you need tab out of the password field before exit so just check.

And after entering name and password double check that it was accepted. Seems sometimes I need do it twice. Perhaps I'm not exiting the fields properly or something so just double check. Perhaps you need tab out of the password field before exit so just check.

same thing happened with me reinstalling SP3 ,at first I thought it wasn't going to accept it, but it was happy to do second time round...

Me too...

same thing happened with me reinstalling SP3 ,at first I thought it wasn't going to accept it, but it was happy to do second time round...

Same thing happened to me. I built a new computer and installed my purchased Trainz 2019. Took me about three tries to go to right tab and put my username and password in. Now everything works great, love it!

Thanks to you all. It was that the launcher didn't have my login stuff, so thanks for calming me down and directing me. The bigger problem now is that I can't find my content on the old drive with TRS 2019 to bring it over to the new drive -- starting all over with upgrading my routes from my old T:ANE on my laptop to TRS 2019 on the new drive, weeks of work, alas.

that didnt work for me. trs19 say my password and name mach. i deleted it a few time and reinstalled it but still not working

Thanks to you all. It was that the launcher didn't have my login stuff, so thanks for calming me down and directing me. The bigger problem now is that I can't find my content on the old drive with TRS 2019 to bring it over to the new drive -- starting all over with upgrading my routes from my old T:ANE on my laptop to TRS 2019 on the new drive, weeks of work, alas.

Your data will be in a hidden file under 'Users' on your C: drive. C: -> Users -> Owner -> AppData -> Local -> N3V Games

Back