Thinking of Upgrading to 2019

Hi all,

So, I'm thinking of upgrading to 2019 but have a few questions.

I use a MacBook Pro, so the turfex won't work for me, which is fine, but what are the main improvements over T:ANE?

I'm building a route within T:ANE, will it work OK in 2019?

Can I load 2019 onto an external HD?

I'm new-is to Trainz and also Mac, so ultra confused by some stuff.

Many thanks

Marcus

Hello,
Answers are in the order the question appeared:
1. PBR textures, more of improvements that TANE was suppose to have back in the Kickstarter days. You can also edit built-in and DLC routes, and share them with others since the modified versions are handle differently. You also have the railyard, and can change the menu train as well.
2. Yes, you might have to reset to the environment so the route doesn't appear to be dark
3. You can, but its not advisable. You can however move your content folder to the external HD - similar to how TANE is

Cheers

I cannot comment on MAC platform as I use Windows, but the migration from T:ANE to TRS2019 should be minimal. Most of the big changes took place when T:ANE came out, and a lot of legacy assets before Trainz Build 3 required updating. An external HD will more than likely work OK, but transfer rates will be slower, which will mean some hesitations in Driver. The best storage solution, by far, is an SSD.

As far as improvements, the interfaces for Surveyor and Driver are improved and IMO much easier to use. I came fromTR2004 thru TRS2010, and for me the downside is that N3V keeps the base classes encrypted, so half the time I cannot figure out what is really required in my own scripts (I have a lot of them.). Overriding a class for your own purposes is a lot harder now because where documentation does not exist, you are wholly dependent on examples. They do pretty well at publishing the tags, but finding out the full implication of what they do is getting a lot harder.

Hello, This is addressed to a Mac user... not Windows users... so please don't yell back. I've have Mac and Windows users both mad at me with this post.

Some Mac users here will no doubt disagree with me. Know that I am a Mac user since before Mac (Apple /// - the after Apple II failure). I love Mac. I work on Mac every day making eBooks, websites, etc. I have three iMacs and MacBook Pro.

I ran '19 on an iMac for a few months. Also attempted on a MBP for a short time. I then found an excuse to build a PC for Trainz and to run some apps not available for Mac. I had been running those Windows apps on a VM machine on one of my iMac's.

I'll only say this. A Mac is not a gaming machine. Others will scream at me but after running '19 on windows with a gaming setup I cannot stand to go back and run '19 on my Mac. I would prefer using the Mac hands down if the Mac could do it. But a gamer it's not. Don't worry... I've had a long conversation with my Mac's and they know I love them and they are first in my heart!

I set my Windows machine up with a Mac aluminum keyboard and set the keys to mimic Mac. I can get by..(been using on Win10 about 14 months now) but I'm always happy when I turn back to my beloved Macs.

Back