Seaport Problem

lenscab

HI all,,,, I have a seaport called just Seaport and the problem is that it only consumns and does not produce , thats ok but the cargo I take does not go down eg, I take woodchips or general goods or anything to it and it just fills up until it is full so I have loads going to it and coming away still loaded which then messes up the rest of the route. is there an explaination for this please?.
Len

Sounds like the old Auran seaport that has been around for a few TRNZ versions. This asset is designed to only consume the multitude of products. The only reason it is not eating up the few things you did bring, is because you have yet to bring the remaining products. For some dumb luck reason, if any 1 of the products are below their consume rate, the whole asset stops until the shortage is fixed. I usually deactivate the assets that are not to be used by setting the consume rate to 0 for the un-needed items(it "deactivates" it)

This is what I do: The seaport only consumes, so I add tracks and M.I.N's. that produce anything I want. I don't see the commodities, but loaded cars empty the loads. That is the easy part. But if you start building these M.I.N's. over the area of the port, they collude with the mass of the port and pretty soon you go crazy because you can't position one without affecting the other! A way around this is to add an object at a corner of the seaport exactly positioned so it stays as a reference location. Move (never rotate) the seaport and play with setting tracks and M.I.N's. exactly where you want them. After that return the corner of the seaport to the marking asset and see the result. Maybe tedious but for me it works. Make sure you do this at route level so all you sessions will have the changes. A second annoyance is that the points you will inevitably have to add will not show the arrows so you can't control them the normal way. Haven't found a way around this other than controlling with "J" or "<ctl>J". If anyone knows, let's hear.

Thanks for the replies but Im afraid it sounds a bit complicated to me, I downloaded a couple of seaports in content manager but I cannot find them in objects, even though it does not show any faults, any help on that? please.
Len

... But if you start building these M.I.N's. over the area of the port, they collude with the mass of the port and pretty soon you go crazy because you can't position one without affecting the other!

A way around this is to add an object at a corner of the seaport exactly positioned so it stays as a reference location. Move (never rotate) the seaport and play with setting tracks and M.I.N's. exactly where you want them.

If the problem is the view of the MIN is obstructed as is the case with the steel mill, then spotting, moving and moving back is the way to go.

However, if you can see everything:
If your objects are in the Route Layer, create a Layer under it called Locked.
Lock the Locked Layer.
Edit Properties on the Seaport and change (upper right hand corner) the Layer to Locked.
Make whatever changes to nearby MINs.
Since MINs also interfere with other objects (including other Mins), once you have set one up properly, put it in the Locked Layer also.

You will always be able to Edit the Layer back to Route and change things if need be. When everything is set up, Edit everything back to Route or Merge the Locked Layer into Route and create a new Locked when needed.

Be sure to Lock the Locked Layer.

Back