Secure Connection Failed accessing My Trainz

clam1952

Welsh Narrow Gauge nut.
Firefox has just been updated to 74.0

and I was confronted with this when accessing My Trainz.

I have reported this to the Help Desk.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.auran.com. Peer using unsupported version of security protocol.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

This web site might not support the TLS 1.2 protocol, which is the minimum version supported by Firefox. Enabling TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 might allow this connection to succeed.

TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 will be permanently disabled in a future release.

There is an enable TLS1.0 1.1 button which enables you to access, for anyone who gets this happen in Firefox, however I think this is going to soon be an issue for other browsers.

I can confirm the above post on Firefox 74.0

Not a problem on my current latest (??) version of MS Edge.

The warning only appears on the first access using Firefox. Once you click the button to enable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 it will not bother you again BUT the warning did state that these protocols will be permanently disabled in a future release.

Last edited:
Where do I find the button? getting old and slow.

It will only appear if your Firefox (v74.0) reports ...

An error occurred during a connection to www.auran.com. Peer using unsupported version of security protocol.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

This web site might not support the TLS 1.2 protocol, which is the minimum version supported by Firefox. Enabling TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 might allow this connection to succeed.

TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 will be permanently disabled in a future release.

This will be followed by a blue button that will say something like "Allow access using protocols less than TLS 1.2"

N3V have reported that they are "working to upgrade My Trainz" to the newer protocol. It is possible that they may have now completed that task and, if so, you will not see the message or the button until the next protocol upgrade.

Not fixed yet, In Firefox it will have an orange exclamation mark next to the padlock on the address bar, click it and it says connection not secure.

Not fixed yet, In Firefox it will have an orange exclamation mark next to the padlock on the address bar, click it and it says connection not secure.

I get the same information Edge - Chromium version. It says so when connecting and then the exclamation point is there next to the address. Clicking on that displays the same message.

Interesting. I get the same result in Firefox 74.0 when accessing this page - clicking the padlock and exclamation icon produces the message "Parts of this page are not secure (such as images)". This does not appear on the main forum page.

Could it be your signature image Malc?:)

Unlikely an actual problem as it's on Image shack and that's secure, just checked. Get that on most if not all threads in the forum.

2015-10-21-18-54-26-fe01d6.png
: A gray padlock with an orange or yellow triangle indicates that Firefox is not blocking insecure passive content, such as images. By default, Firefox does not block mixed passive content; you will simply see a warning that the page isn't fully secure. Attackers may be able to manipulate parts of the page like displaying misleading or inappropriate content, but they should not be able to steal your personal data from the site.

Also showing orange in thread with zero images.

Last edited:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.auran.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

No matter what I do I can't open MyTrains

EDIT: This only happens on Firefox and Chrome (both are latest versions), Edge works fine

Last edited:
Back