Dighole - 15m wide

Galt77

Hello,

I would like to use a trench spline that requires a 15m wide dig hole. I've found a 10m wide dighole but am unable to overlap two dig holes to create a 15m wide dig hole. The dighole I'm trying to move insists on snapping to the grid beside the other dighole or completely on top. The trench spline and dighole are by the same author (oknotsen).

What am I missing here?

Respectfully,
Galt77

To expand on what was said above.

The dig-hole objects are in 10 meter increments because they open up the ground mesh which is in 10 meter^2 increments by default, and there is a 5 meter^2 grid, but there are no dig holes that size, and there are no half grid assets because the grid can't be open up in half-sections.

The creator is a mod of this forum. You might try asking him directly how to use the trench spline.

William

I make a lot of Model railways and I create curved eges on them with the help of this..

<kuid2:38408:28009:2> Dighole_1x1 by threeheadedmonkey.

It is 10m X 10m but it can overlap a standard dighole, so you can make a 15m hole!

My guess is that you didn’t set the baseboard to 5x5. If it is still on 10x10 (the default) you probably have this problem.

I only used my own digholes for the thumbs, so I know it is possible.

On vacation, so not near my game PC to double check this.

My guess is that you didn’t set the baseboard to 5x5. If it is still on 10x10 (the default) you probably have this problem.

I only used my own digholes for the thumbs, so I know it is possible.

On vacation, so not near my game PC to double check this.

Oknotsen,

Setting the grid to 5x5 was the magic trick. I had selected 5x5 but didn't click on the baseboard to actually make the change in format.

Respectfully,
Galt77

All,

Thanks for the responses. Was able to piece together what was happening via all of the replies.

Respectfully,
Galt77

These scenery asset tags govern dighole behavior and I set them as follows for snapping to a 5 meter grid pattern:
snapgrid 5
snapmode 1
dighole 1,1

The above settings in the config should allow you to place a 10x10m dig hole on a 5 meter grid pattern. You can move it around on a 5 meter. I had trouble with Oknotsen's snapping only to every other 5 meter grid line. I cloned Oknotsen's and added the snapgrid 5 tag to the other 2 tags and was able to overlap copies of that dig hole as seen in the pic below.

Note: as indicated in the above post this requires a 5 m baseboard gird. If used on a 10 m baseboard it will default to the 10 m grid.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Bob Pearson

Back