Ahhhhh, another Gremlin!

DaveL

Recovering RBR Addict
I have a session with 4 trains, 3 of them use the"Wait for Trigger" command. I open the session and check the WFT command....it is not "greyed out" and the List is there.
OK,
I add another loco/train and I want it to use that command.
BUT, I cannot select it from the command list, because it is "greyed out".
Now, I check one of the other trains and lo and behold, "Wait for Trigger" is "greyed out" also, but the command still works when the train is running.
I cannot get the WFT command back until I leave surveyor and return.

Different Subject;
A I see it, the new "unified surveyor" is only of use during route construction.
It is useless (almost)during the running of a session. Useless, that is, unless you want the trains spread all over your map the next time you run the session.
In other words, returning to the session from surveyor does NOT SAVE the changes you made (if you leave the session without saving), what a PITA!!

Dave
(Flame suit ON, running shoes ON)

I have a session with 4 trains, 3 of them use the"Wait for Trigger" command. I open the session and check the WFT command....it is not "greyed out" and the List is there.
OK,
I add another loco/train and I want it to use that command.
BUT, I cannot select it from the command list, because it is "greyed out".
Now, I check one of the other trains and lo and behold, "Wait for Trigger" is "greyed out" also, but the command still works when the train is running.
I cannot get the WFT command back until I leave surveyor and return.

Different Subject;
A I see it, the new "unified surveyor" is only of use during route construction.
It is useless (almost)during the running of a session. Useless, that is, unless you want the trains spread all over your map the next time you run the session.
In other words, returning to the session from surveyor does NOT SAVE the changes you made (if you leave the session without saving), what a PITA!!

Dave
(Flame suit ON, running shoes ON)

No need for the flame suit. This burned me as well and I had to dig my session out of a backup to restore it back to normal.

Try saving and not choosing save session. This is something that Clam1952 clued me in on. If that works, well then we're made in the shade.

Hi John,

Sounds like it is worth a try....IF I can keep W10 running long enough!!!
The last update has NOT bee fun!!!

Dave

Well, I now know for a fact.....You may have the "Wait for Trigger" command in use for only 4 trains!!
If you add a fifth train, the trigger list goes POOF and the command gets 'grayed out'.
I have not figured out a way to get the list back, other than start to start all over!!

Dave

A VERY UNHAPPY SESSION CREATOR

There is no hard limit. The limit you are seeing is related to the number of trains, triggers, your hardware and possibly other factors.

I set up a test route with 5 trains, added a wait for trigger command to each loco without problems.

Perhaps you need to explain your goal and someone might be able to think of a different strategy to reach that goal with different commands.

Regarding UDS during a driver session, I don't follow this comment "returning to the session from surveyor does NOT SAVE the changes you made (if you leave the session without saving), what a PITA!!"
If you don't save, then it won't save (which sounds like correct behaviour).

If you don't want the trains to be saved in the new locations, then don't save, or use save as.

John, any ideas on the disappearing Trigger List ??

Dave
Let me make an observation here:

1) I have 28 AI consists running continuously, trains, trolleybuses, boats and planes. In T:ANE and now in 19 they all run as clockwork. I also have 87 total consists idling or running. There is no Wait For Trigger available. Long ago I complained about this and got nowhere.

2) If I clone the route and start populating it with consists, there is a point where the W.F.T stops working. It is a timeout error. Figure that when the command has to run through all the list of locos, it it takes too long to read it, it locks and don't show up.

3) Rather than saying that this command works with 5 locos, I would like to see a real figure accepted and established by N3V, where a limit is set.

4) Way around using this command: I found that Trigger check with whatever you decide to trigger works as well, so I don't miss it. For example, a boat is waiting at the harbor idling. A train arrives to the dock and triggers the boat to start a schedule. The boat departs for another harbor and returns . Then it sits there idling until that train goes somewhere and returns, triggering the depart sequence of the boat again.. forever. So there is no need for a wait for trigger.

I have to say that the same situation happens with commodities. As there are so many, the timeout error creeps again and the picker does not work. So, how many is too many?

Back