Looking for switching map:milw beer line

mtldrm38

Looking for track diagram switching maps for milwuakee ,wis.
Mainly the BEER LINE..
GOOGLE is useless and NETR maps are pretty much blurry hard see whats what...

Thanx Dave =)

thanks John found these earlier not much data as far as trackage since the line has been torn up since the 70 s ugh....
I been scouting a lot of photos gonna try piece meal it from theyre …
Dave =)

Google Earth has a time function, and you can go back and find images from the past. A while back I was able to get images of the area I was working on from the 1980s. Trying it again tonight though, it would not go back past 1998 in the same area and all I got was a basic fog. No good images at all. But you can try it... Even it if it is just far enough back to see the rail beds...

You might ask jkeenan as he built the very fine route that is on the DLS and as a member of TPR he may have the research data he used.

William

You might ask jkeenan as he built the very fine route that is on the DLS and as a member of TPR he may have the research data he used.

Oh wasnt aware this route., have to take a look at it...
Just found it for TS19 nice little route baesd on model railroader magazine...
Thanx Dave =)

Last edited:
Try https://www.openrailwaymap.org/

The site is very slow. The search function doesn't work so you will have to work into the map on your own. When zooming in, give it time to resolve. There is a lot of detail. If you know where in milwaukee to look, this may give you what you are looking for.

The site is global.

There's another useful site to for viewing only.

www.historicaerials.com

Using the viewer, you can compare older topographic maps with current ones as well as view historic and current photos and even overlay them. I'm both fascinated as well as saddened when I see some of the aerial photos.

Using Google Earth, you can paste the Longitude Latitude coordinates into the search box and land right on the spot.

On the National Server, there's another link somewhere for historic topographic maps you can download. I can't remember where it is because the direct link is hidden within a script so the link copy only shows the top level, and the original link I remembered from before has changed! On this historic map link, you can compare older and newer maps as well which you might find interesting.

Yep I use that site often the issue was the aerial view s most of the track are in the shade...(1955-63) but I am measuring the area with google earth and tracing the trackage with the topo's...
Also found a map of all the industries along the line by name and commodity... =)
I was always amazed since reading a rr modeler magazine about the line...
Dave =)

Back