Horn track object

Lewiscc65

I have these installed but none of them seem to work. Anyone else have this problem.

<kuid2:60850:23113:6> Sound Horn
<kuid:200726:24033> AutoHornZ invisible
<kuid:186372:120003> Loco horn initiator - long
<kuid:186372:120002> Loco horn initiator - short
<kuid2:60850:23112:5> Sound Horn BiDirectional

I am using TRS19 build 105096.

These is really weird, I have tried them on a couple of routes and they will not work on any of them. I get all other sounds, engines, cars blowing there horns all over the place, track clicking.

I go even simpler.

Use the Invisible Horn Sequence

<kuid:135229:100378> Invisible Horn Sequence

Place in direction of travel because it looks like a green track mark.

Place next to a whistle post of your choice.

I had trouble before as far back as TS12 with the sequencer built into the whistle posts and stopped using them back then. For some reason they would corrupt, not work, or sometimes crash the route while in driver.

In T:ane, they only work in AI mode. As far as I remember (since long ago), the standard sound horn and by directional one, would not work on manual driving. Manual means that: You control everything, including the horn. So, this is not a malfunction.

Try "fischio whistle scripted" kuid:57230:10003 It works whether you are driving or AI is driving. It was uni-directional but now it may be bi-directional in TRS19.

Cheers,
Bill69

Try "fischio whistle scripted" kuid:57230:10003 It works whether you are driving or AI is driving. It was uni-directional but now it may be bi-directional in TRS19.

Cheers,
Bill69
Sounds like what I need but not on the DL. Can you tell me where to get it? Thanks

Yes, I think they only work for A.I. trains. You also have to make sure they're facing in the proper direction.

These horn triggers do indeed only operate for AI drivers. In manual DCC/Cab mode, they will not sound the horn at all. Same goes for the bell triggers FWIW.

Thanks for the info. Tried to find it but no luck.

MMM, It is possible that it came with a route I downloaded from TrainZItalia, can't say for sure. The author is jango, if you get in touch with him he might be able to give you a link.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back