what was Trainz 2007?

agathosdaimon

hi! I picked up Trainz 2007 recently from Medimops.de and presumed it might be different to trainz 2006, but i have just tried to install it but the program looks to want to just ask me if want to delete my existing installation instead (i presume it means trainz 2006 which i have instaled already in the form of Protrain Perfect)

is it possible to at have both trainz 2006/PtP and Trainz 2007 installed?

Trainz 2007 basically Trainz 2006 with added EU content added to the game (these where later added to TS2009).
Fun fact (since I'm here): TRS2007 was sold across EU and never was sold in the States :D

Cheers

Although I do use 06 to lay track with, as it has no layers, as even a chimp can use 06 Surveyor,...

There's no need to care about layers when using Surveyor unless you go looking for them. Track can be placed just as it always has since UTC.

The TRS 2007 I have is a box including 3 DVDs (the game, the video "Aux commandes du TGV Atlantique", Märklin/Trix catalogue for 2006), a 116 page userguide and a flyer with all keyboard shortcuts. 3 french and 15 international routes are included. The serial number registers as "Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006".
There is also TRS 2008 (this one registers as "Trainz Classics 1 & 2").

Last edited:
Yes I know they are unsupported but they are still playable and I have a fondness for old train games and old games in general and I would think here at the home of all things Trainz there is still some recognition of the old ones without having to remind me every time I bring up an older title that it is an old title and no reason to play it.
I mainly was just wanting to see if Trainz 2007 had any different routes or such as I saw in its manual a route titled Montparnasse, but I don't recall seeing this on trs2006/ptp - is it in trs2009?

I would also say that the Protrain Perfect version of trs2006 is very playable and offers quite a more complex train driving experience than you get with standard trainz with a lot ways on which ones train can break down and the V6e add-on is just crazy with all the controls you have to run the old hamburger strassenbahn tram and these le add-ons I don't believe they were compatible with anything but the Protrain Perfect version

Back