Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need someone to make me Wolfeboro station

United States of America, New York, Allegany

oops, I didn't read it carefully. For some reason I thought you were talking about something else. Does that make sense ? No ...it doesn't to me either.
    Great...looking forward to it.
    Where's the best guide to follow for updating content to T:ANE / 2019 standards ? I'm still using the old build config file method.
    Last edited by JimDep; June 5th, 2020 at 07:46 PM.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

“Screwing up is hardly a major mistake. Sometimes your wrong choices bring you to the right places.”
    Shannon L. Alder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimDep View Post
    Where's the best guide to follow for updating content to T:ANE / 2019 standards ? I'm still using the old build config file method.
    What's the "old build config file method"? I use AssetX to update configs but that only works reliably up to TS12, and sometimes TANE. The image viewers don't work well, if at all, for FBX files.

Paul

United States of America, New York, Allegany

The old build config file method is taking a config file without a build number , changing what's needed to suit your content description, including new file name and KUID and having no problems getting TANE to accept it. The newer method seems to be more involved, using less detail for content that's placed further away, that increases in detail as it gets closer.
    Last edited by JimDep; June 5th, 2020 at 10:58 PM.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimDep View Post
    The old build config file method is taking a config file without a build number , changing what's needed to suit your content description, including new file name and KUID and having no problems getting TANE to accept it. The newer method seems to be more involved, using less detail for content that's placed further away, that increases in detail as it gets closer.
    The CRG repairs old assets all the time to a minimum TB3.5 since that is also the minimum for the DLS. As I said earlier, AssetX fixes most of the config issues. Making a LOD model is difficult without the original source but not impossible. We test to the build of the repaired asset up to and including TRS19. As you can imagine, those older assets get lots of warnings.

Paul

... thankz a lot, pcas1986 .. very nice done ... my complimentz ...