I need someone to make me Wolfeboro station

Hey JCitron, thanks for the semaphore links ....... I could use those. Say Hi to Merrimac for me. Wicked little town with 1 set of lights ! .......miss it there. I moved just when I figured out what a "set of lights" was.

"GMax is old, very old, and lacks many of the advanced features that Trainz is capable of showing and are now essential.".....Pware.......I'm still using GMAX. When you say "essential" , where would I run into a dead end with GMAX, just curious.

RWK: That's a beautiful station up there in Wolfsboro. Great example from the Victorian period. I'm sorry now I didn't take a trip up to Laconia (south side of Wolfsboro Lake_) while I lived in southern NH for a short time.
My route is from the late 1800's in Central New York, and I be making some stations that are similar, but I haven't seen one yet that elaborate. Glad they're talking care of gem. Now if we can only get passenger service back....

Howdy Jim.

That one set of lights is now a roundabout in the center and the speed limit from the Amesbury line to almost Haverhill is 25 mph with cops waiting at every intersection along 110.

I've been through Wolfsboro decades ago when the railroad was still operating sadly it's now embargoed and the only thing that runs on it now are speeders. The Wolfsboro Railroad shut down in the mid-1980's due to severely increased insurance cost. This high insurance scam hit many other tourist lines in that time period as well.

The lake is Lake Winniepesauki.

There are other unique railroad stations up along the western shore of the lake. One of them served the lake steamer. I think it was called the Mt. Washington, and is another classic Victorian structure. When I was up that way in the early 1980's some of the track was still in place, albeit, torn up in others. We traveled up that way with my grandmother to visit her cousin who lived in Alton Bay. In the ancient times her cousin would take the train from Boston up to Alton Bay. It traveled up through Haverhill to Rollingsford then head west through Sommersworth, Rochester, New Durham, Farmington and finally stop in Alton Bay. This service was quite busy in the summer months and was usually a few Budd RDC's long in the summer months. (We call them Budd Liners). The tracks came up past Farmington sometime in the early 1970's. The remains of the branch back to Rochester came up in the 1980's thanks to Guilford.

"the speed limit from the Amesbury line to almost Haverhill is 25 mph with cops waiting at every intersection along 110. " WHAT ?!!! That's nuts. I worked in Amersbury and used to drive 110 everyday. The ONLY speeding ticket I had in years was on that stretch and now it's 25mph to whole way ? I'm sure the commuters are thrilled will that one ! I'm trying to wrap my head around a roundabout now at the town square in Merrimac. I lived right on Church st, so I would have been doing doughnuts on that one everyday If I'd stayed. I don't know....it seemed fine before. I ended up moving north east a few miles up Bear Hil Rd across the NH border.
That's a lot really nice country in those areas you mentioned. Some of the prettiest places on earth, IMHO.

"the speed limit from the Amesbury line to almost Haverhill is 25 mph with cops waiting at every intersection along 110. " WHAT ?!!! That's nuts. I worked in Amersbury and used to drive 110 everyday. The ONLY speeding ticket I had in years was on that stretch and now it's 25mph to whole way ? I'm sure the commuters are thrilled will that one ! I'm trying to wrap my head around a roundabout now at the town square in Merrimac. I lived right on Church st, so I would have been doing doughnuts on that one everyday If I'd stayed. I don't know....it seemed fine before. I ended up moving north east a few miles up Bear Hil Rd across the NH border.
That's a lot really nice country in those areas you mentioned. Some of the prettiest places on earth, IMHO.

It is still a pretty area, although, it's really getting built up. I lived on Emery street in one of the small slab homes from the early 1960's until about 1971. Up near us was Poplar Hill, aka Green Hill was the go to place for sledding. Some developer has hacked the hill and put in some huge yuppy mansions on the side of it, ruining the landscape. This seems to be the people that are moving into the area now which once had very depressed housing prices. The old Merrimac branch of the B&M ran down near where you lived on Bear Hill Road and connected to the B&M mainline at Newton Jct. Today there's barely a trace of the old wye there and the branch is now a rail trail. We can thank Guilford for that.

Yeah that slow creepy speed is awful and that stupid roundabout in the middle of the square is annoying. I head to Amesbury once a month for a VB-12 shot at the old Amesbury Hospital now a bunch of doctors and a branch of Lahey Clinic. My preferred drive is long East Broadway and Middle Road up to the last stretch of Rt. 110 near Route 150 which means I avoid just about all of the road. I cross the lights and take a left up Gardner to the old hospital. The trip takes about 12 minutes tops doing the speed limits.

It is still a pretty area, although, it's really getting built up. I lived on Emery street in one of the small slab homes from the early 1960's until about 1971. Up near us was Poplar Hill, aka Green Hill was the go to place for sledding. Some developer has hacked the hill and put in some huge yuppy mansions on the side of it, ruining the landscape. This seems to be the people that are moving into the area now which once had very depressed housing prices. The old Merrimac branch of the B&M ran down near where you lived on Bear Hill Road and connected to the B&M mainline at Newton Jct. Today there's barely a trace of the old wye there and the branch is now a rail trail. We can thank Guilford for that.

Yeah that slow creepy speed is awful and that stupid roundabout in the middle of the square is annoying. I head to Amesbury once a month for a VB-12 shot at the old Amesbury Hospital now a bunch of doctors and a branch of Lahey Clinic. My preferred drive is long East Broadway and Middle Road up to the last stretch of Rt. 110 near Route 150 which means I avoid just about all of the road. I cross the lights and take a left up Gardner to the old hospital. The trip takes about 12 minutes tops doing the speed limits.

Back in 2006, I walked the Boston & Main trail behind Church st and the cemetery and took a bunch of pictures where the turn table used to be at the end of Mechanic St. I'll find them and post a few in the community section. Walking north on that trail and going over Heriman Road, there was still a bunch of coal along the way on both sides where the tracks used to be. I used to walk that trail often. I also have a pic of one of the last trains on that branch, that I was from back in the 70's. If I can find it, I'll post that one too. The Merricmac Museum / Historical Society also had some pics when that branch was in use.

Last edited:
Back in 2006, I walked the Boston & Main trail behind Church st and the cemetery and took a bunch of pictures where the turn table used to be at the end of Mechanic St. I'll find them and post a few in the community section. Walking north on that trail and going over Heriman Road, there was still a bunch of coal along the way on both sides where the tracks used to be. I used to walk that trail often. I also have a pic of one of the last trains on that branch, that I was from back in the 70's. If I can find it, I'll post that one too. The Merricmac Museum / Historical Society also had some pics when that branch was in use.

I remember the turntable. It was still there in the 1960's and the branch saw a little bit more use back then; not a lot but enough for me to hear the trains pass occasionally while I was at the elementary school. The Helen Donahue school or whatever it's called today. She was my principal when I was there.

Finding coal along branch lines and even the mainline in places is not unusual for the Boston and Maine. Up until WWII, the B&M ballasted their rails with old coal and cinders. Being what it was, the old B&M branch most likely wasn't maintained a whole lot in its lifetime and had that base of cinders and coal still around. When a branch line is torn up today (gasp!), there's still a base of coal where the roadbed and tracks used to be. When I model that in Trainz, I try my best to get that layer of coal and cinders on the ground encroached with grass and bushes on either side.

I would love to see the picture if you can find it.

That's neat ! My son went to Donahue also and then went to Pentucket Regional for middle school. We've got a lot of good memories from his Donahue days. Since I'm doing a late 1800's route now, I need to find a coal /cinders ballast that I'm happy with. Haven't quite nailed that one yet. I've got several pics from back there on that branch that are on a back-up hard drive. I need to get them loaded on this PC and post them. If they are where I hope they are, I'll post them tonight. I loved that trail area where the little yard used to be. Very peaceful. I remember turtles coming up from the swampy pond there and laying eggs. Walking north, there's still a concrete mile marker and maybe even a concrete whistle sign by the Heriman bridge....IIRC. Hopefully I got pics of those too.

Last edited:
... When do you think you will start the station? I'm in no hurry but I just wanted to know so I have an idea about how long it might take. You don't have to model the signal, either as I can find one myself.

Sorry, I've been a bit tardy on this as I had some outside chores to get done before winter and I'm working on a complex script and other Trainz related stuff. Anyway, I've started and think I have the basic building size sorted. Now I'm working on the complex shapes of the windows, doors, etc.

I've finally finished this asset and it will be available on the DLS within 24 hours of this post. There are two versions: a TANE version, as requested, and a TRS19 PBR version. They have different KUIDs so the PBR version is not a later version of the TANE version. Look for <kuid:186372:190005> (TANE) and <kuid:186372:190006> (TRS19).

I had significant problems trying to get the single track unloading and loading passengers from opposite directions when running AI. Trains approaching from the cross track pathway work OK but from the opposite direction the train will stop a bit short of a desirable location. The station is very small so long trains are never going to work well.

Has anyone tackled this station yet ? If I had good pics from the front / back/ and both sides, I might give it a shot. It's from the era and general northeast region I'm working on anyway.

Hey John, sorry I haven't been able to find those pics from the back trail of Church St., Merrimac. They must be on an external hard-drive that's buried in a box / tote somewhere. I sure hope I can find it.

Has anyone tackled this station yet ? ....

I said I had finished it in the post (#28) before yours. The FBX files are in both assets so if you want to rework it then you can re-use them. Some of the "parts" such as windows and doors might be useful for re-use in other building models of the same era.

oops, I didn't read it carefully. For some reason I thought you were talking about something else. Does that make sense ? No ...it doesn't to me either.
Great...looking forward to it.
Where's the best guide to follow for updating content to T:ANE / 2019 standards ? I'm still using the old build config file method.

Last edited:
Where's the best guide to follow for updating content to T:ANE / 2019 standards ? I'm still using the old build config file method.

What's the "old build config file method"? I use AssetX to update configs but that only works reliably up to TS12, and sometimes TANE. The image viewers don't work well, if at all, for FBX files.

The old build config file method is taking a config file without a build number , changing what's needed to suit your content description, including new file name and KUID and having no problems getting TANE to accept it. The newer method seems to be more involved, using less detail for content that's placed further away, that increases in detail as it gets closer.

Last edited:
The old build config file method is taking a config file without a build number , changing what's needed to suit your content description, including new file name and KUID and having no problems getting TANE to accept it. The newer method seems to be more involved, using less detail for content that's placed further away, that increases in detail as it gets closer.

The CRG repairs old assets all the time to a minimum TB3.5 since that is also the minimum for the DLS. As I said earlier, AssetX fixes most of the config issues. Making a LOD model is difficult without the original source but not impossible. We test to the build of the repaired asset up to and including TRS19. As you can imagine, those older assets get lots of warnings.

... thankz a lot, pcas1986 .. very nice done ... my complimentz ...

Wolfeboro-station-by-pcas1986.jpg

Thank you Paul for making the Wolfeborough station. I just downloaded it today. I actually forgot about it for a while then today I decided to search for Wolfeboro and it came up. At least you made a TANE version as well because I don't have Trainz 2019 yet. This station will be great for my Wolfeboro Railroad route. I'm doing it by hand, with blank baseboards. I belong to a Wolfeboro Railroad group on facebook and they have some rare shots of the stations, trains, and the line. There was a small station at Wakefield toward the other end of the line where the train would stop and pick up people. It was torn down at some point after the railroad closed. For that I might be able to reskin/repaint a station.

Back