Drive Schedule

horacefithers

In Trainz Plus driver I found in the hold-ctrl/right button pop up menu (when hover over a locomotive) an item labeled "Drive Schedule".

But I've had little luck finding info on schedules in the wiki.

What are schedules?

How are they created?

Enquiring minds need to know!

Horace Fithers

Add the "Drive Schedule" Rule to your session then edit it to plot the station stops for your locos. Then issue the Drive Schedule command to your allocated train and it follows the schedule.

Right now wouldn't be a good time to do it though as it is under repair for TRS19. We're also working on an updated version with greater functionality.

Schedules in Trainz are not the same as you would find in MSTS/OR or DTG TS where they refer to a train's timetable or even (in the case of TSW) a timetable for the entire day.

It is essentially a string of Driver commands that can be saved as a group and applied to an AI driver. I am currently using the function on my WIP model route as it is ideal if you want to keep a train repeating the same activity. Rather than entering a dozen or more commands for each circuit, each work cycle is incorporated in the one Drive Schedule command, though it is still necessary to add the odd command at the start and finish to position then stable the train afterwards.

Schedules in Trainz are not the same as you would find in MSTS/OR or DTG TS where they refer to a train's timetable or even (in the case of TSW) a timetable for the entire day.

It is essentially a string of Driver commands that can be saved as a group and applied to an AI driver. I am currently using the function on my WIP model route as it is ideal if you want to keep a train repeating the same activity. Rather than entering a dozen or more commands for each circuit, each work cycle is incorporated in the one Drive Schedule command, though it is still necessary to add the odd command at the start and finish to position then stable the train afterwards.

The Schedule Library and its partner Copy Commands from are your best friends when it comes to creating driver schedules. I like the fact that we can make a single change to a driver schedule and have that apply to a bunch of drivers should an error be found somewhere. I only wish that the driver schedules remained organized as we've arranged them in the groups in the Schedule Library when picking them from within the Copy Commands from driver command.

Vern and JCitron you are not taking about the same thing. You are talking about schedule library not schedule rule. Schedule rule does allow for timetable operation as it lists station arrival and departure times and drive schedule picks the rule to use.

There are two different but very similar sounding rules:-

Schedule Library Rule

This creates a library of driver schedules (driver command lists) that can be given to drivers during the creation or running of a session. This rule does not involve times or timetables. It works with the Copy Commands From driver command.

Schedule Rule

This allows a schedule of timed events to be applied to a train. This does use times but there are reports that it does not work correctly particularly if the consist is running late or early.

There are a couple of known bugs with the Schedule Rule at the moment. We're in the process of updating it (although Terry is off with his new baby on extended leave).

There are two different but very similar sounding rules:-

Schedule Library Rule

This creates a library of driver schedules (driver command lists) that can be given to drivers during the creation or running of a session. This rule does not involve times or timetables. It works with the Copy Commands From driver command.

Schedule Rule

This allows a schedule of timed events to be applied to a train. This does use times but there are reports that it does not work correctly particularly if the consist is running late or early.

These two assets can be used hand-in-hand because Schedule Rule allows one driver command to be issued at each station stop. If the command is Copy Commands From ... then a whole series of commands can be given to the train.

Add the "Drive Schedule" Rule to your session then edit it to plot the station stops for your locos. Then issue the Drive Schedule command to your allocated train and it follows the schedule.

Right now wouldn't be a good time to do it though as it is under repair for TRS19. We're also working on an updated version with greater functionality.

just to be sure, are the problems with “Schedule Rule” or “Schedule Library Rule” as I’m having great difficulty with the latter at the moment (which could be due to my incompetence and terrible memory but it would be good to know either way!)

I have had a problem using the "copy command from" with "Schedule library rule" (program shut down), on replacing with " insert or
replace
command" by trev999 the session ran as normal. Don't know what caused the crash but believe it was a fault of the session.

Rob

I have had a problem using the "copy command from" with "Schedule library rule" (program shut down), on replacing with " insert or
replace
command" by trev999 the session ran as normal. Don't know what caused the crash but believe it was a fault of the session.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Always use Insert from Library. Never use append. For some reason append does weird things for lack of an explanation for it.

When you select Append the commands are inserted at the right-hand end of the driver's schedule bar. This is not something that is often needed, like a list of things to do in the future after the current schedule has completed.

Trevor

Just to be clear. My session was for the UMR and I had 6 schedules in the library that ran the length of the route. I gave a navagate to command to get the train rolling then "copy command from" and added the 1st schedule. Program crashed. Change to "insert or replace command" and all worked as expected. I've been using copy command for years with no problem before the last few weeks. One other thing I've seen with copy I could put multiple schedule in the drive command line and when the command of one ended the next schedule would expand and run. This produces errors now.

Rob

Just to be clear. My session was for the UMR and I had 6 schedules in the library that ran the length of the route. I gave a navagate to command to get the train rolling then "copy command from" and added the 1st schedule. Program crashed. Change to "insert or replace command" and all worked as expected. I've been using copy command for years with no problem before the last few weeks. One other thing I've seen with copy I could put multiple schedule in the drive command line and when the command of one ended the next schedule would expand and run. This produces errors now.

Rob

Try a database repair that may fix it. If not an EDR might be required. Same process, except press CTRL at the same time when you click on rebuild database. This can take sometime to run if you have a lot of content.

Back