Looks like the DLS is having problems again [Solved]

It is currently Saturday night here in N3Vs time and date zone. Unlike Google, Facebook, Microsoft etc, N3V does not have technical support personnel based in all time (and date zones) around the globe and working 24/7. They have said that they will "be sorting the problem out asap next week".

If we assume that they start on the problem at 10am Monday 9th March (local time Brisbane, Australia) - that would be 1am Monday 9th March (local time Netherlands).

What is so important that could not wait until then?

Yeah sorry , i was overreacting , my skin was to tied on that moment.

If customers do not express concerns the vendor may determine that the problem is not very serious. We should make our concerns known. Tony is not running a benevolent charity.Everyone working there is receiving money. Without feedback they CANNOT reach rational decisions about the use of resources. So complain politely. But complain. An experienced vendor appreciates your feedback.

I mentioned this before and it applies here. There is an old Navy saying:

"a bitching crew is a happy crew". Or mine, "if there is silence there is a mutiny afoot"
Take mutiny as customers being silent and just walking away.

Yes, there are more serious concerns now. My local supermarket which is Wegmans is nuts, busy and people are buying up everything off the shelves. All the hand sanitizer is gone. The media is feeding fear in people over this covid virus. It hasn’t hit my area yet.

Yes, there are more serious concerns now. My local supermarket which is Wegmans is nuts, busy and people are buying up everything off the shelves. All the hand sanitizer is gone. The media is feeding fear in people over this covid virus. It hasn’t hit my area yet.

The media is doing the same here in the US, only with the coronavirus instead of the covid virus, unless they're the same thing. The amount of people in the US with the coronavirus is small, yet the media is blowing it out of proportion.

The media is doing the same here in the US, only with the coronavirus instead of the covid virus, unless they're the same thing. The amount of people in the US with the coronavirus is small, yet the media is blowing it out of proportion.

They are the same thing... and yes we actually have an infodemic, not a pandemic (though it pays to take sensible precautions, nonetheless).

Back on topic, I uploaded a model railway route yesterday, no biggie if it doesn't appear for a few days. However... 1. I thought the Upload process is mostly automated and, 2. For future reference maybe there ought to be a nominated deputy who can step in and give things a kick when the system falls down.

1. I thought the Upload process is mostly automated and,

It is but like all software if left unattended for long enough ...

2. For future reference maybe there ought to be a nominated deputy who can step in and give things a kick when the system falls down.

They probably do have such a person. But N3V do not continuously monitor these forums for technical issues and the first report in these forums was posted at 01:30 on a Friday (local Brisbane Date/Time). Bug reports are the best for doing that and the DLS is one of the bug categories.

On the other matter of pandemic madness - there was a video posted on news sources here and it appeared in local TV news reports yesterday of three women fighting over toilet paper rolls in a local Sydney supermarket. Earlier in the week a man had to be tasered by the Police after he attacked store staff because his local supermarket had run out of toilet paper. It was later revealed that he had a number of mental health issues and an intellectual disability.

Another news report featured an interview with a "hoarder" who had stockpiled an enormous quantity of canned foods, packets of pasta, cooking supplies and (yes) toilet paper rolls for the pandemic. And in case all of that failed, she showed a collection of seed packets for growing her own food.

Madness.

Addendum: Two of the three women involved in that much viewed fight have now been charged.

Last edited:
Vern's right Jordan. Different name same virus.

It's here in the US. There is no special cure and no vaccine available for maybe a year. It's spreads easier and faster than the average flu or cold and in that respect more like the pandemic H1N1 viruses of 1918 and 2009. It affects age groups differently. Like most illnesses targets those with preexisting conditions more severely than others. Most will survive and get well with few side effects. Most assuredly our lives will be affected in some way by this virus. "COVID-19 seems to be spreading easily and sustainably in the community in some affected areas", US CDC website. Apparently some people can have it and pass it on but not exhibit obvious symptoms themselves due to large variation in the severity of the illness.

The media have not blown it all out of proportion. There are even a few within the current administration that are giving out factual information often contradicting and rolling back the president's off cuff remarks. The representative from FL who walked around the House chambers with a large gas mask on when voting on the new 8.3 billion USD covid19 emergency funding bill (I can't imagine what he was thinking of making lite of bi partisan support for the bill) announced sadly a few days latter that 1 of the 2 deaths in Florida from this virus was in his own district.

Last Thursday my wife and I toured Independence Hall in Phila with a friend down here from Boston and had dinner in colonial City Tavern. I think current guidance is for normal activities to continue with concern that gatherings of a 1000 or more need to be reviewed. Your own health history and age along with common sense should prevail. Cleanliness is the 1st line of defense and avoiding direct personal contact. Like some serious viruses in the past this one is spread very easily by respiratory droplets in the air inhaled directly or landing on your skin or on objects that you touch and communicate to your mouth, eyes or nose.

I learned just today (my son said the school district notified all parents earlier) there is 1 confirmed case of covid19 in a hospital several blocks from where I'm sitting right now. So believe me when I say it's here.

And don't expect to find any hand sanitizers on the shelves in your pharmacy or grocery store. My wife mentioned that to me after she went food shopping last week - back when we still had 0 confirmed cases within the state.

Bob Pearson

PS. To bring it back on topic - I can't say that a delay of a few days or a week or 2, for new content to appear on the DLS, will really affect my life that much. I waited patiently for a couple of years for Steve at K&L to finally produce that PRR 2-10-0 I really wanted to get.

Last edited:
Update: We've fixed the problem, and the backlog should be cleared in the next few hours.

T his will shock you.

Not really. Stats like that are very misleading. The figure of 109,000 infected is a gross underestimate. About 80% of those infected will show very few, mild or no symptoms at all so they will not even realise that they have the actual virus and not just a simple cold. As for death rates, more people die from cancer, or heart disease, or in traffic accidents each year.

It is sites like that, or how their data are interpreted that are the problem. I am at greater risk from Corona beer than I am from the virus.

Hopefully NO ONE re-posts any information on here that is not from a recognized source. In fact simply do not re-post. Even official info might be wrong and a later correction goes unnoticed. Re-posts of stuff from the internet is the worst thing you can do. It is a virtual sewer of odd personalities bent on their own mindless agendas. If you are bored, download a new route and have fun.

Glad to see the good stuff flowing from the database. Those items are really the backbone of the Trainz system. Most are gems, and at a nice price.....

/takes a short break from his vacation activities

I can confirm content is being processed again.

Earlier today I was able to approve content I uploaded March 5th. It will be on the DLS within 48h.

/puts moderator cape on

Please stick to the topic; for other topics there are other places on the web.

/goes back to his vacation activities

Last edited:
I was able to get my new model route and its session through the processing stage just now (1600 GMT/UTC).

Back