Command To Reverse Consist?

Vern

Trainz Maverick
Does such a thing exist?

Having trouble getting the "run round" command to work successfully on my current model railway project. Rather than abandoning loco hauled trains and doing multiple units only, was wondering if there is a command that will simply reverse the consist/heading in the platform to avoid the run-round? A quick search of the DLS hasn't thrown up anything obvious...

Does such a thing exist?

Having trouble getting the "run round" command to work successfully on my current model railway project. Rather than abandoning loco hauled trains and doing multiple units only, was wondering if there is a command that will simply reverse the consist/heading in the platform to avoid the run-round? A quick search of the DLS hasn't thrown up anything obvious...

The closest thing I've found is to set up a Portal Basic Short just after the platform and have the consist disappear into it after its station stop, with the portal set to return the train after a very short delay. Not quite what you're looking for, but it at least reverses the consist.

--Lamont

Unfortunately Change Direction just reverses the train, it doesn't flip the consist. Oh well, multiple units here we go...

It depends on how the track and signals are set up. I use TM's as well as run around and have at present steam loco's doing a change of ends via a turntable and also in a terminus via shunting the coaches out of the way. This is all carried out with EIT also set up for the stations. I could have a look at your route if you want and see what could be done.

Thanks for the offer. I'll check my EIT and see if there are any links I've missed, maybe play around with the GPL's. Ironically, it's not the release phase, which used to be an issue with needing around 50m between the crossover and buffers, it's getting the loco back to the other end of the train.

Some time ago, I looked into a script that would rotate a consist. It was my impression, although not absolutely proven by experiment, that the cars would be placed by KUID, so that the settings such as loads would not be retained. The code for the built in rotate function is I assume native.

For a small consist (2 cars) the driver command "ReverseTram" <kuid2:206816:99001:1> could be used (DLS, builtin in TRS19). I have a version for 4 cars available.

Peter

Back