TRC scenery gate not animating.

My problem is that the "scenery" versions of the crossing with gate will not or flash or animate.

I had hoped to use the pre-built crossings, but I cannot get the track to appear above the road. Even if I raise the vertex of the track, the road follows and blocks it out again.

NOTE: The trigger finds the gates, and the traffic stopper, but when the train approaches, nada.

my apologies if this has been asked, I searched for trc issues, but didn't find anything like this.

Based on what you just described, and what I am presuming to be your problem; did you by chance set the properties for each TRC crossing you wanted to use?

For example: You already have a TRC Crossing setup, but you may have forgotten to 'link' the property names to the TRC trigger that you are trying to use.
An example I have of a screenshot to help setup clarify what I mean for your TRC Crossings. I have linked and 'attached' the scenery objects of the crossing I am using, to the TRC Trigger. These are Reggietrainz's Crossings, but it still works the same way for the pre-built crossings iirc.
https://i.imgur.com/HspsHGg.png

Sorry, I'm using T:ANE for this but I think TRS19 should be the same with this setup. I just bought it earlier and installing it right now so hopefully the information should be the same and not confusing!
Best Regards,
FuryTomic

I have a route that has 18 different TRC crossings setup, and all activate no problems.
It has to be something setup wrong that's just hiding in plain sight. I would delete the crossing and retry setting the crossing up again.
Also, sometimes a database update might help when the scripts aren't working correctly.

Cheers

I set up the trigger and named it 10&1 then I placed the scenery and the premade crossings on a test track. they were named 10&2 through 10&14 respectively. I went back and re opened the trigger and it showed that all of the items are attached to it. It looked like your picture.

I ran the train and zip, nadda, zero. nothing activated.

is there a setting in the settings I might have turned off? will having a "no traffic" make it so the gate doesn't function?

This is my setup:
Traffic stopper = 0&0
RR crossing 1 = 0&1
RR crossing 2 = 0&2

For one track:
TRC Close trigger 1 = 0&3
TRC Close trigger 2 = 0&4

For more than 1 tracks add:
TRC Close trigger 3 = 0&5
TRC Close trigger 4 = 0&6

As for the scripts not communicating, you can't really unless they aren't activating - aka scripts aren't right

Cheers

I might have figured it out. I have 2 TRC triggers. I don't have time tonight, but I will try switching them out. One says TR12 the other dosen't. I have the tr12 on on right now.

thanks for all the help. If that works all I have to do is figure out how to add the traffic stopper and keep the road from covering the tracks!

That might be the problem.. yeah you don't want to use TS12 version, want to use 4.6 version for TRS19 since it handles everything differently..

Cheers

Hi

Not sure why you need 2 triggers on a track. The trigger allows you to set a distance in front of it and behind it for activating the crossing. I've only ever used one trigger per track as shown in the instructions on the website and it has always worked without issue. I place the trigger about 10 meters from the crossing, pointing towards it, and give the distance in front of the trigger an extra 20 meters e.g. 420 in front and 400 behind.

Regards

Brian

I have quite a few TRC crossings on my San Diego & Arizona Eastern RR, and they all work. The route is on the DLS, and can be downloaded under jrfolco, or Kuid 73500.

Joe

Hi

Not sure why you need 2 triggers on a track. The trigger allows you to set a distance in front of it and behind it for activating the crossing. I've only ever used one trigger per track as shown in the instructions on the website and it has always worked without issue. I place the trigger about 10 meters from the crossing, pointing towards it, and give the distance in front of the trigger an extra 20 meters e.g. 420 in front and 400 behind.

Regards

Brian

no, sorry. I don't have 2 triggers on the the track, I have 2 triggers in my options to pick from. turns out I was choosing the incorrect one. my bad, i didn't explain it right.

Back