Interior Cab Lighting - Can I Switch The Lights Off?

I notice in TS12 when I'm doing night driving, the interior lighting is on, it stays on and I can't find a way to shut the lights off. In some other train sims, I see the user's switch the cab lights off. Is this possible in Trainz? Is there a way to program it into the asset or something to add from the DLS to the Config File? To me it's just easier on the visibility side of things instead of zooming out of the window a bit with the mouse. If not possible in TS12, what about later versions of Trainz, especially the TRS19?

Thanks.

- RR70

Too bad there isn't an App or something that could be available to simply override and turn off the interior cab lights. They can be distracting when driving at night.

- RR70

I do see what Railroader1970 is saying, the cab is much more illuminated that it should be. I don't think it is the cab lights being on, I think it is the game trying to render darkness...

I looked at this in TRS19, on the "Kickstarter2" map with the "Quick Drive" session and the RMRX consist at a game time of quarter past midnight. There is way to much ambient light on the map and certainly far to much light in the cab, I did look around and the interior cab lights were off. I am more familiar with the GP-9 than the GP-40-2, but it certainly is not the correct lighting environment as you can easily read every bit of text even what would normally not be legible at night, the color is distinct as well which shouldn't be the case (it has to do with how your eyes work). My guess is we are actually looking at a game issue and not a content issue.

I do see what Railroader1970 is saying, the cab is much more illuminated that it should be. I don't think it is the cab lights being on, I think it is the game trying to render darkness...

I looked at this in TRS19, on the "Kickstarter2" map with the "Quick Drive" session and the RMRX consist at a game time of quarter past midnight. There is way to much ambient light on the map and certainly far to much light in the cab, I did look around and the interior cab lights were off. I am more familiar with the GP-9 than the GP-40-2, but it certainly is not the correct lighting environment as you can easily read every bit of text even what would normally not be legible at night, the color is distinct as well which shouldn't be the case (it has to do with how your eyes work). My guess is we are actually looking at a game issue and not a content issue.

It's like this: Many times when I was on a freight train at night, sometimes the cab lights were on but mostly the engineer switched off the interior lighting so all you could see were the lights from the locomotive console. That's pretty much what I meant. It's just easier on the eyes IMO that if I'm driving a train at night that I can just switch off the cab lights. Less distracting that way. Other Sims from what I seen do it. So I don't know. Hopefully this gets fixed in future Trainz editions.

- RR70

Back