Can a TRZ19 physical copy be purchase?

ish6

Since 2001
Hello Everyone,

I might consider purchasing TRZ19, however only if it's a physical copy!

I looked at the Trainz webiste, and TRZ19 is set only as a digital platform! Is there a way to include a physical copy, since I have all phyiscal copies of trainz, minus a couple, since Trainz 3.1

Thanks
Ish

PS. Hey all! -- Due to some serious health issues I've been away from the pc for a while -- In Jan my heart was very weak so much that Doctors said that I am lucky to be alive; And now I'm doing dialysis, which Doctor also said that maybe by April dialysis may not be needed anymore, we'll see --- Anyhow, overall I'm feeling great!

Hi Ish
Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope you get better soon. I have a hard copy of TRS19, but I don't know how I got it. Maybe someone else knows where to buy it.

Joe

Doesn't appear to be a DVD copy Ish and probably won't be one, store now says Digital Download only. You would be hard pushed to find any software on DVD these days, they don't even have DVD drives or space for them in new laptops and PCs. DVDs appear to be getting phased out. I've given up on having a disk to add to my collection.

Sorry to hear of your health problems but welcome back.

Hello Ishie!!!!

I'm very happy to read you here again.

I wish you to recover soon my friend.

About the TRS19 physical copy actually don't exist. There was a physical disk edition a few months ago, but I don't know if they will reissue it again.

It will depend on the number of requests that are made back to N3V, I think.

My best wishes for you and all of your family.

Manuel

Hi Ishie,
Sorry for being slow to get back to you on PM - I too have been a bit off lately.
I received two CD's before Christmas with TRS19 Basic install and the UK Edition as part of my Trainz Plus Gold membership I think - they may still have some if you contact N3V.
See my PM for other matters.

Hey Ish6 and welcome back!
About this time in 2019 there where DVD versions available, but it seems they ran out and either will do another DVD remake batch, or just not do it at all - only they can tell.
With TRS19, you'll want to install Trainz on a computer that has a consent internet connection as TRS19 (both DVD and digital) are required to make the phone call home to their parents (DRM servers) every 30 days to keep yiur copy going. Would be nice to have a DRM free version (at least the core), but I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon, so if you want a DRM free, there aren't any.

If you want a DVD version, you'll have to look at 3rd party places like Amazon, and then update it to SP1 if you want the latest version.

Cheers

It would be nice if N3V could let us know if TRS19 will ever be available on DVD or USB stick as this large program is far too large for those of us with slow Broadband speeds.

Ken

It would be nice if N3V could let us know if TRS19 will ever be available on DVD or USB stick as this large program is far too large for those of us with slow Broadband speeds.

Ken

Well if it is too large I would contend you do not have broadband. My slow broadband (750kb) got it in like 4 hours just used the download manager

Hi All
Unfortunately we don't currently have stock of boxed editions for TRS19. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA for when, or if, further boxed editions may be available.

Regards

Well if it is too large I would contend you do not have broadband. My slow broadband (750kb) got it in like 4 hours just used the download manager

My Broadband speed is 1.3 Mbps (162.5kb) which means that a 27.5 GB file would take 47 hours to download. The assumes that TRS19 is this size, but surely it is compressed otherwise it wouldn't fit on two DVDs if so what is the compressed size. If we calculate that my Broadband is a fifth of your speed it would still take 20 hours to download.

Ken

Last edited:
The initial download is not 25GB it's just the basic program and the base routes which is 8.9GB, the rest arrives as in Game DLC downloads which you can do as an when you like.

Using an online calculator at 1.3 Mbps would take 16 hours and 20 minutes assuming your ISP is capable of sustaining a download at that speed, would advise using a download manager capable of resuming downloads properly.

Alternative suggestions:

If you have a decent 4G signal in your area, get hold of a pay as you go 4G USB dongle, if you can find one as they seem to be a rarity these days, stick 10GB of data on it and use that to download as a one off.
Or
Find a relative or friend who has a decent download speed and isn't on capped data to download the offline installer for you and copy it to a USB stick.

The game itself (core) is 9GB (like clam1952 said).
If you are going to be downloading the packages for the built-in, they're about 18GB additional download in-game (this is based from the full world version that I own, but if you own one of the regional editions, then the additional download size will vary).

These are the regional / full world built-in items:
European Edition - 3.73GB
North American Edition - 2.58GB
UK Content - 10.86GB

Cheers

The initial download is not 25GB it's just the basic program and the base routes which is 8.9GB, the rest arrives as in Game DLC downloads which you can do as an when you like.

Using an online calculator at 1.3 Mbps would take 16 hours and 20 minutes assuming your ISP is capable of sustaining a download at that speed, would advise using a download manager capable of resuming downloads properly.

How are the built in items delivered aren't they and the routes on the DVD, they were on TANE unless I'm mistaken.

Ken

Box versions the full world content are on the disk, but they need to make the phone call to the DRM servers to activate them (also provided you register the serial number twice in the serial number and redeem code). So basically you can install them to your copy of TRS19, but if you only have the regional edition, then only those content will activate.

Otherwise they're delivered by in-game download (like how DLC's are handled)

Cheers

The game itself (core) is 9GB (like clam1952 said).
If you are going to be downloading the packages for the built-in, they're about 18GB additional download in-game (this is based from the full world version that I own, but if you own one of the regional editions, then the additional download size will vary).

These are the regional / full world built-in items:
European Edition - 3.73GB
North American Edition - 2.58GB
UK Content - 10.86GB

Cheers

I would buy the full version in which case would I be looking at 9GB + 18GB =27GB. to download or would a possible DVD set contain all of the 27GB. My purchased DLCs from TS12 would need to be downloaded later.

Ken

You can try to find a DVD version on a 3rd party site like Amazon as I don't think N3V will be getting any box versions in anytime soon.
The box version I have had the core + the built-in routes on a 4 set DVD (x2 are fore the core and the NA + EU edition), disk 3 was UK content 1, and disk 4 was UK content 2.

There are updates for the built-in content for TRS19, so even if you install off the disk, you'll be prompted to update. You can of course, ignore them and continue using the content that came off the disk.

Cheers

Hi All
Unfortunately we don't currently have stock of boxed editions for TRS19. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA for when, or if, further boxed editions may be available.

Regards

Hi Zec,

I'll hold back and wait and hope Tony (N3V) reconsider releasing physical copies of TRZ19 down the road; Or perhaps/maybe around the Christmas Holidays, which I'm sure many around here will jump to get those physicals copies as I will! All of my trainz physical copies look nice on my bookshelf, and perhaps TRZ19 can join there in the future!

All in all, thank you sir for your reply!
Ish

To my friends and strangers alike!!!

Thank you for puring your thoughts onto this thread! Thank you for the kind words!

Although, I have come close to death 2x I keep kicking! And to be honest, right now I feel super healthy! The only thing that's stopping me from getting back into trainz is my mojo! It's very difficult to jump-start your trainz enthusiasm once it's been shut down for so so long!

Take care everyone, and be safe and healthy!!!
Ish

:p

PS. Hi
Philippe, wow, haven't seen you for a while -- we know each other around these forum's, what, since the early 2000s, or something like that! Thank you for your post, sir -- take care!!!

Back