Rollingstock/ Track Sounds.

bnsfc

Steam Nut
Not sure if this should be here as it mostly concerns JR scripts but its also scripts/ config files in general. If it needs to me moved, let it be moved! Also...
FOR MY PERSONAL USE ONLY!!!
I've no intention of putting anything I mod up for download, I don't even know how. mkay? mkay.

Over the years I've become spoiled by JR track sounds from there rolling stock, to the point where I hate using other rolling stock/ JR stock who's track sound isn't working. I'm just wondering if its is possible and, for lack of a better term, legal to add them to other rolling stock I have so my heavy gravel train doesn't glide along at 60mph in utter and eerie silence.

I'm just wondering if its is possible and, for lack of a better term, legal to add them to other rolling stock I have so my heavy gravel train doesn't glide along at 60mph in utter and eerie silence.

You can do anything you like with assets that you have acquired, so long as you don't publish them without permission. Sounds come from a number of sources, but you are likely most interested in bogies. Details are here:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Bogey#track-sound
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"track-sound"_container

Bit of a Necro, but its on the same issue and I feel like making a new post would be redundant.

I have been off and on trying to use the links above to help me but still no luck. my test cars have been the "<kuid:334896:200116> ATSF Trinity 3 Bay Hopper", witch use to have track sounds but one of the SP's in TANE broke them, and "<kuid:506034:345751> BN 60Ft.9In. Woodchip Car" witch still has them and they work fine. they use different truck dependence's so I tried modifying the truck under the trinity to have the same kuid's in the "track-sound" second of the text file. however this has not seemed to work and they still glide along in silence.

I am still very unlearned in this area and any help would be appreciated. the guides posted above helped but they still mostly look like hieroglyphics to me so, try and dumb it damn a bit :hehe:

Bit of a Necro, but its on the same issue and I feel like making a new post would be redundant.

I have been off and on trying to use the links above to help me but still no luck. my test cars have been the "<kuid:334896:200116> ATSF Trinity 3 Bay Hopper", witch use to have track sounds but one of the SP's in TANE broke them, and "<kuid:506034:345751> BN 60Ft.9In. Woodchip Car" witch still has them and they work fine. they use different truck dependence's so I tried modifying the truck under the trinity to have the same kuid's in the "track-sound" second of the text file. however this has not seemed to work and they still glide along in silence.

I am still very unlearned in this area and any help would be appreciated. the guides posted above helped but they still mostly look like hieroglyphics to me so, try and dumb it damn a bit :hehe:

When updating the config.txt file to include the sound referenced in the sound-container, did you also update the kuid-table to refer to the library asset? If nothing is in the kuid-table, the changes you made will be ignored. This doesn't apply if there is no kuid referenced in the sound-container.

If there's a script, you need to ensure that the script is referenced EXACTLY the same as it is in the other asset and you've copied the script to your modified asset.

Make sure to submit the asset too before testing. (I've been there a few times and wondered why something wasn't working after I fixed it!)

I had been forgetting to do those independent of each other but I went back and double checked everything was committed and referenced. Still no luck! :( im honestly not sure why this isn't working, dose anyone else have this problem with the trucks or changing the sounds? I see that there is a sound file in the broken trucks (how I knew where to place the new kuid) and they did used to play the same sound file.

Below are the two trucks I'm trying to do surgery on and the modified text file.

Truck under the trinity hoppers and the one Im trying to mod <kuid2:45324:50203:9> S-2 Truck 100 ton 263,000 lbs 6.5in × 12in 36in wheels

Table from track sound down ( let me know if I need to include more)
track-sound
{
{
bogey <kuid2:45324:50203:3>
track-sound <kuid2:506034:201802:2>
priority 1
}
}
thumbnails
{
{
width 240
height 180
image "thumbnail.jpg"
}
}
kuid-table
{
0 <kuid2:506034:201802:2>
1 <kuid2:45324:50203:3>
}

Truck that currently plays track sounds and I'm using as a reference.

<kuid2:506034:50203:3> S-2 Truck(wp) 100 ton 263,000 lbs 6.5in × 12in 36in wheels

Table from track sound down

track-sound
{
{
bogey <kuid2:506034:50203:3>
track-sound <kuid2:506034:201802:2>
priority 3
}
}
thumbnails
{
{
width 240
height 180
image "art_icon.jpg"
}
}
kuid-table
{
0 <kuid2:506034:201802:2>
}
EDIT: so the brackets aren't copying well but they are in there correct placing in the file, just not here

Last edited:
Your asset has priority 1 where as the JR asset has priority 3.

What happens if you change your clone to priority 3?

Ok, now I'm VERY confused. Every other time I've submitted the changes its worked fine, when I changed the priority?

- <kuid2:45324:50203:9> Failed to submit changes to asset <kuid2:45324:50203:9> due to file access error

??!??!???!?

Back