Who wants to beta test some PBR containers for trs19?

mrscsi

Happily Retired
I am looking for a couple of beta testers to look at a early version of the 40 foot PBR containers for trs19. I have em done in 6 sets, those are called by a single asset so you do not have to drop all 6 sets on a car or industry track, just drop the main "40 ft standard" asset in and you get them all at random....

Now I want people who have 2019 and who like container trains so that i can get decent feedback.

Now these are not the finished product This is more of a test to see that they install AND that they run on other systems other than my own. Once I get the packaging solved then I will do the final version of the containers.

It aint that these are flawed or ugly LOL I think they are quite a step up from what is out there now, I may adjust some colors and wear and rust and such however so color/logo wise they are not final...

So let me know and I will pm you a link

2020-02-28-143831.jpg

Last edited:
Not a single person wants new content?

I ask for testers in the farming sim community and I have to turn them away LOL

I've got 19 and like containers, but I don't run on Ultra. I could test with Ultra settings. Not sure if you want feedback from such a new guy, but anything to help.

mrscsi : Yes - I'd recommend testing your own creations using the 'Ultra' shader performance settings (at a minimum) before publication wherever possible to see the true quality of your work (and as it will be rendered by many other Trainz users).
To see PBR effects properly, you need to use the 'Ultra' shader setting.
Here are the TRS19 Performance Settings that I apply for both of my gaming computers:

perfsettings.jpg

For lengthy session runs, I adjust post-processing settings manually from the Dev menu - so leave the default to "Low" in this global settings dialog box - ('Low' avoids some extremely poorly-chosen PP-effects baked into the 'High' and 'Ultra' pre-sets).
I applaud & thank you for your efforts to produce some new, high-visual-quality containers! These will be most welcome additions to the DLS or DLC options available. :)

Last edited:
I've got 19 and like containers, but I don't run on Ultra. I could test with Ultra settings. Not sure if you want feedback from such a new guy, but anything to help.

Any feedback is welcomed. Mainly what I need to test is the package installation, this package has 6 container set assets and 1 called 40 ft standard which is the master icon.

The way to load it would be open content manager and select file then import content file and select the cdp file...

They WILL throw WARNINGS I have gone over this with Zec and others and it is what it is cause they evidently did not plan on PBR PRODUCTS needing lods LOL but the warnings I have been told are not serious....

But here is the link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dCuqgZZUGjcUGJkGo3pZ3o1_I3-uNwtV

Please don't share it or put it on the dls it is not prime time ready for that yet LOL

Oh and by the way how you use them is select a well car and then use the ? and go into its settings and add the product "40 ft standard" to both the top and bottom standard cube slots and the same in the industry track and they should load and unload a whole bunch of colored boxes LOL

Last edited:
Downloaded and install without problem. A variety of well cars were chosen for a quick hand-loading test; not all were double and some only took custom doubles.

No screenshot posted right now, but if you load new one on bottom and regular on top, the regular floats above. Lets see if I can get a pic.

Downloaded and install without problem. A variety of well cars were chosen for a quick hand-loading test; not all were double and some only took custom doubles.

No screenshot posted right now, but if you load new one on bottom and regular on top, the regular floats above. Lets see if I can get a pic.

Cool more than likely the car you were loading probably was for high cube containers or in high cube slots and that would account for the foot of space cause these are standard cube but I WILL be doing high cube as well

Gotcha, that's the inexperience. Also not set up with a photo host for screenie.

Will get more of a chance to do industry and load fun shortly.

I didn't change the settings from high to ultra on my program, but in the short session your containers were still noticeably more detailed. Thanks for having me along for a test.

Added: I used the settings advised by Mr. PC_Ace and they look even better. Current GPU does not allow smooth operation on those settings.

Last edited:
Gotcha, that's the inexperience. Also not set up with a photo host for screenie.

I didn't change the settings from high to ultra on my program, but in the short session your containers were still noticeably more detailed. Thanks for having me along for a test.

You're welcome. As for the detail, they are not flat boxes LOL the finished product is gonna have the raised corners. Most of the polys though is the door hardware in back but hey that is why I built them

Added: I used the settings advised by Mr. PC_Ace and they look even better. Current GPU does not allow smooth operation on those settings.

I think there is a way to take screen shots in the game and save them on an N3V server so they can be displayed in the forum.

Cheerio John

PM me your e-mail and I will send you a video. Everything seemed to work fine.

Carl

I trust you LOL It seems like the packaging and config.txt are as solid as they are gonna be. So now onto phase 2, mass production.

What I have to do now is do materials and spit em out of substance and that is gonna take a few minutes LOL I find I can get 5 or 6 done before I start getting crosseyed and have to take a break. But I think I got the process worked out with these 40's so Today I start on the 20's SC at first and HC if need be. Then SC 40.45.48 and HC 53's I have a few little tweaks I need to make to them and that should not take long

Annotation-2020-03-05-132320.jpg

Here is the gist of the new 20 ft Standard Cube. As you can see I gave it the corner offset and dang I feel like a dummy but I was trying to figure out how best to do the connector holes in 3D and it dawned on me I have substance painter, so just go get a picture of a real hole and do a transparent background and use substance to put them on as a decal. I think they look good and 1200 less polys LOL

Last edited:

Got nuttin LOL

But here are some 53 HC I just got the model done for...

2020-03-07-150427.jpg

I got the 20's. 40's 45's 48's all in Standard Cube and 53's in Hi Cube modeled at the moment now all I have to do is start running the meshes through substance and make about 3 of each color and package them up

Back