Who wants to beta test some PBR containers for trs19?

Ooh, a genericl livery variant might be able to be used by other countries too.

Is it possible to add some small numbering and letter ID markings like the container on the left.
https://www.facebook.com/armstrongpowerhouse/photos/a.180949695266511/3226653454029438/?type=3

I can I guess I am gonna look at running numbers I was just thinking about that today

Here is what I was working on tonight

2020-03-07-234826.jpg

2020-03-07-234836.jpg

Ok guys The 20's are up. They are 20 foot STANDARD cube and fit socalWB's well cars just fine 2 on the bottom...

They are <KUID:240543:51> through <KUID:240543:57> with the last asset being one called 20ft standard and it is the main file so you can just drop in in to a industry track or well car and it will call the rest and randomize them ENJOY...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Coming soon just imagine cranes loading and all sizes from 20 through 53 scattered all over the yard

I have heard from many of the testers that the Low LOD lacks appeal...

Well unfortunately I have to do LODS under trs2019. As a plus that is what makes us able to do highly detailed containers because if you had 800 21k poly containers with no lod you would have a screenshot not a moving game in most cases...

I have looked at all kinds of ways to do the lods since most of the polys are in the back door hardware obviously deleting that from the low lod is a given but that drops the box down to 1190 polys and that is still 600 over the low lod max. Now I have tried pro-optimizer, not really impressed since it just kills the shape worse than an flat box. I have tried 3 or 4 lods in the lm text and it STILL just goes from high detail to low at about 1500 meters... I have yet to get it to hit any other lod level other than high and low...

Cant use the "mesh-distance" tag in a PRODUCT so the hybrid version of the lod as described in the wiki seems to be a no go...

So I am really at wits end, I have come up with using a 12 poly box and just adjusting its uvs to use the albedo of one of the high detail containers in the set. This way all the blue in a set will flip to the same lod and all the orange etc.

thumbnail.jpg

Here is what it looks like in game

The two on the left are high detail the 2 on the right are low and that is about 1500 meters distance.... Now I know some love to make 5 mile long container trains and look back from the locos and marvel BUT you are just gonna be really limited to 1500 meters or so in high detail unless someone can show me another way

Back