Drivers with no assigned location

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
When an AI driven consist enters a portal setup to consume, the consist slowly disappears. No so the driver. The driver stays in the drivers list taking up space and with a note "No assigned location" in the place of the consist name and the next destination.

Is there a way to automatically remove the driver without having to scroll through the list, clicking on each red X to "Remove driver from this Session"?

There's an option to remove unassigned drivers from the driver list. I can't remember the exact wording and I'm not at my Trainzing PC to check. This will do what you think it should and remove the unneeded drivers from the driver list.

The only option I can find is to manually remove unassigned drivers from the session list while in Driver. There is no way that I could find of automatically removing them by, for example, a session rule.

One reason why the consist driver does not disappear when a consist enters a portal is because that same consist can re-emerge from the same portal, or a different portal, some specified time later.

One reason why the consist driver does not disappear when a consist enters a portal is because that same consist can re-emerge from the same portal, or a different portal, some specified time later.
Since [Train returns after ... ] is an option in the Consume Trains section, could the Portal be programmed to delete Drivers unless this option is active?
This would keep the driver list uncluttered and still have the returning trains keep their driver?

If I am using portals, the drivers are disappearing normally, but as an exception, the driver is staying. I don‘t know, what is triggering this „bug“.

Regards
Swordfish

In TANE once the train enters a portal the driver appears on the command bar in black with a ? alongside once you move to another driver the old driver is removed from the list. I have a simple AI session where once the driver has unloaded I either send them to a portal or send them via a trackmark followed by a DELETE train command. I start with 15 drivers and eventually they are all removed.

Ken

Back