Trainz Plus - 106291 update ready for testing

I have created a blank userdata folder and dowloaded Blue Mountains 2019 with all its dependencies. As you suspected it works just fine.

Ok, so this step has proven the difference when crashing is the database/content in the database.

The next step is to identify which assets are different by following these steps:

1. In the fresh local data folder build, open CM and select the route
  2. List dependencies recursively (this means it finds deps of deps)
  3. Ctrl-A to select all
  4. List assets in new window
  5. This lists all KUIDs in the filter at the top. Ctrl-A in the KUID list (not the scrolling list with all the details) and Ctrl-C to copy to your clipboard
  6. Copy your TRS19 install folder and point it to the old local data folder (so you now have two installs of the same build pointing to different databases)
  7. Run a database repair to be safe
  8. Open CM and create a new filter for KUIDs
  9. Paste the list of KUIDs into the list
  10. Filter on Installed = False
  11. This tells you which of the items in the fresh build are not installed in the old build
  12. You can also do this in reverse from the old build to the new one to see what isn't installed.

This may lead us to the problem. Good luck and thanks for your help.

Tony

Followed your suggestion. Discovered 207 assets out of 2800 had been updated vs the fresh install. About 20 of these were "modified" and seemed like the most likely suspects.

I got lucky and the first one I chose was Named Objects Library by pguy version 19. On the fresh install it is built-in version 18.

Deleted this and let it revert to the built-in older version and the blue mountain route loaded.

I had downloaded the newer version from a forum link posted by vincentrh in mid February. It had caused no problems until now so I assumed it was ok. There were some problems with named objects and the Trainz+ beta which I assume is the reason Pguy had shared this updated library.

Thanks for your suggestions. As a retired developer/coder I knew how to solve the problem, but I probably wouldn't have bothered if you hadn't produced the lovely 12 step program.

Glenn

Great work! Thanks for the update.

HPL can you confirm you have the v19 asset installed as this would fully explain the reason for it not crashing here.

I have written to pguy regarding the asset as the only link I can find is no longer working.

Pierre has indicated v19 was a beta release and should not have been distributed further. He has uploaded v20 to the DLS so it should be available tomorrow and hopefully fixes the problem.

Hi.

The current upload to DLS in progress (should be available today about 18:00 CEE Time) includes updates to Named Objects Library (v20) and to all EIT assets (v70), MCM assets (v70) and STT assets (v70). This update includes essentially fixes for a more complete support of unified driver/surveyor toggle feature for TRS2019 Plus users for all components EIT, MCM and STT.

As always after installing all assets, I recommend to do a standard database rebuild followed by closing all active TRS2019 windows including launcher, and then restarting the TRS2019 launcher window to start new game sessions.
For some not fully understood reason (currently in discussion with Chris and under investigation) it seems that EIT, MCM, STT updates needs a database rebuild and closing/reopening TRS2019 to be made available in the game ... I am currently working to create an easy and limited repro case to submit a bug to N3V for this update problem, but for the moment to overcome this post installation problem just follow the above recommandation.

Regards.
Pierre.

Back