Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus - 106291 update ready for testing

Thanks for the response John. I really only tried to replicate HPL's problem to show that the problem lies with the current test build or with the route and not with HPL's setup. I later tried to load the route in the 105100 build and it works just fine so it appears to be either a bug in the new build or a problem with one of the route dependencies which was skipped over in previous TRS19 builds. I'll let Tony and N3V deal with sorting this out.

G'day

Need to submit Bug Report for Build 106291. Where and how do I do this, these days, as I've been away from trainz Beta Testing for 12 months or so.

silvergull
    Michael

Blog Entries

Bug reports at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

As a long time beta tester I have that address on my browser menu bar.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

big_b - QA have reproduced the issue. Thanks

HPL - re Blue Mountains, unfortunately this is another case of "it's working fine here" case which suggests something is amiss in your database. Possibly a different revision of an asset, possibly a modified asset, possibly something else.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    HPL - re Blue Mountains, unfortunately this is another case of "it's working fine here" case which suggests something is amiss in your database.
    Did you read post #29? So the answer is: NO.

It's likely an asset causing the problem.I had a similar issue with my worked over version of Yosemite Valley, I could create a session and the route would load but upon choosing a locomotive (no 23) I had a CTD. This occurred 3 times and performed a quick DBR after the second occurrence. After the third CTD, I cleaned up the database by downloading updated assets, deleted the obsoletes and after another DBR, I've had no further trouble. Hope this helps.
    cheers
    Graeme

As I am not the only one having the issue, it isn't "something amiss in my database" (DBR and extended DBR didn't help). The route is flawless in other builds, so the problem isn't due to assets from the DLS but to built-ins that have been modified or updated in Build 106291.

I think you're missing my point. The route is "flawless" in my version of both 106291 and 105100 and it isn't in yours (and in one other we know of). Therefore I'm looking for possible options that you can test to see if you can resolve the problem (and thereby identify what is different between our tests).

Given we're testing the same build, the "most likely" reason is you (and others) have an issue that is asset related. Perhaps you both have a different version of a library from another route you've installed that I don't have, for example.

Of course it is not the only possibility. It could also be a timing issue which could be down to frame rates, CPU load etc, or something else such as the settings you have, the location you are loading to in the map. The point is we don't know, and we need to find out.

As stated, there is "no flaw" in my version, so what's different in your case?

If you create a fresh userdata folder and download all the content from the DLS, you could identify if you still get a problem. If not, we know the issue is most likely related to your database.

You're obviously a keen Trainz user so we can try to work together to find a solution, or we'll release as is and find out how many other people experience the same issue.
    Tony Hilliam

Tony:

Reply from "one other".

I have created a blank userdata folder and dowloaded Blue Mountains 2019 with all its dependencies. As you suspected it works just fine.

I have a gold membership and like to run sessions rather than create routes. Thus I have downloaded all the DLC and also have all the Beta routes for testing. Does the machine you are using as a comparison have all this installed? My 106291 build has no faults and no out of date assets.

I doubt many users will be affected by this specific problem, but more importantly the program should be able to handle ALL assets with no errors according to CM without causing a CTD. The error trapping must be a little leaky.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by PharmboyNorth View Post
    I have a gold membership and like to run sessions rather than create routes. Thus I have downloaded all the DLC and also have all the Beta routes for testing.
    Same for me.

I have created a blank userdata folder and dowloaded Blue Mountains 2019 with all its dependencies. As you suspected it works just fine.

Ok, so this step has proven the difference when crashing is the database/content in the database.

The next step is to identify which assets are different by following these steps:

1. In the fresh local data folder build, open CM and select the route
    2. List dependencies recursively (this means it finds deps of deps)
    3. Ctrl-A to select all
    4. List assets in new window
    5. This lists all KUIDs in the filter at the top. Ctrl-A in the KUID list (not the scrolling list with all the details) and Ctrl-C to copy to your clipboard
    6. Copy your TRS19 install folder and point it to the old local data folder (so you now have two installs of the same build pointing to different databases)
    7. Run a database repair to be safe
    8. Open CM and create a new filter for KUIDs
    9. Paste the list of KUIDs into the list
    10. Filter on Installed = False
    11. This tells you which of the items in the fresh build are not installed in the old build
    12. You can also do this in reverse from the old build to the new one to see what isn't installed.

This may lead us to the problem. Good luck and thanks for your help.
    Tony Hilliam

Tony

Followed your suggestion. Discovered 207 assets out of 2800 had been updated vs the fresh install. About 20 of these were "modified" and seemed like the most likely suspects.

I got lucky and the first one I chose was Named Objects Library by pguy version 19. On the fresh install it is built-in version 18.

Deleted this and let it revert to the built-in older version and the blue mountain route loaded.

I had downloaded the newer version from a forum link posted by vincentrh in mid February. It had caused no problems until now so I assumed it was ok. There were some problems with named objects and the Trainz+ beta which I assume is the reason Pguy had shared this updated library.

Thanks for your suggestions. As a retired developer/coder I knew how to solve the problem, but I probably wouldn't have bothered if you hadn't produced the lovely 12 step program.

Glenn

Great work! Thanks for the update.

HPL can you confirm you have the v19 asset installed as this would fully explain the reason for it not crashing here.

I have written to pguy regarding the asset as the only link I can find is no longer working.
    Tony Hilliam

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    HPL can you confirm you have the v19 asset installed as this would fully explain the reason for it not crashing here.
    Yes, version 19 installed. I updated because some assets were faulty with version 18.

Pierre has indicated v19 was a beta release and should not have been distributed further. He has uploaded v20 to the DLS so it should be available tomorrow and hopefully fixes the problem.
    Tony Hilliam