Trainz Plus - 106291 update ready for testing

I've discovered a little problem - not loading fully on menu screen. It's been stuck on this all night. Oh well, back to SP1
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

I never wait for the screen to finish, I just click where I want to go and all is well with that.

I never wait for the screen to finish, I just click where I want to go and all is well with that.

Being in beta though, we need to show all faults and foibles.
Just found a solution however, click on 'My collection' and select a different loco. Back to normal again.
Graeme

That screen has always been like that for me
Never wait for it to load just select what you want and go

Wow.. I have never seen a screen like that or even close. I have a really nice Chessie System GP-40 (B&O #4308) scene on my startup.

But... I just now remembered that I selected that loco as the default for QuickDrive Sessions (which no longer exist in Plus) - And I just verified that a Default Quickdrive change does change the game startup screen.

> Driver/Surveyor
> Type:Locomotive
> Select your loco at bottom
> Selected Train icon
(next to "Favorites" at top right) then quite and restart game

(this has also been posted in TRS19 General forum)

Last edited:
I'm getting an error in the content store in 106291. I tried to update one of my packages (the Conrail SD80MAC) and it says "one or more of the packages were at an unexpected build version for resource 'simc:sco82'."

I'm getting an error in the content store in 106291. I tried to update one of my packages (the Conrail SD80MAC) and it says "one or more of the packages were at an unexpected build version for resource 'simc:sco82'."

You can ignore that error. That's related to something on the DLC server and not your local content. This was explained to us sometime ago by Tony.

Blue Mountains Line <kuid:708819:100222> (route and all dependencies on the DLS): trying to edit the route, CTD, trying to create a session, CTD.

I also tried to load the Blue Mountains Line with exactly the same results. Also cloned the route with no problems and got the same CTD trying to create a session for the cloned route. I have loaded a lot of version 4.6 routes from DLS and never had this problem before. Doing an extended DBR didn't change the outcome.

I also tried to load the Blue Mountains Line with exactly the same results. Also cloned the route with no problems and got the same CTD trying to create a session for the cloned route. I have loaded a lot of version 4.6 routes from DLS and never had this problem before. Doing an extended DBR didn't change the outcome.

It sounds to be there's something wrong with one or some of the assets on this route. My recommendation is to disable a bunch of the dependencies, (Content Manager-- highlight the assets, then pick content from the menu above and then disable content.

Once you've disabled some content, test again. If it crashes, disable more content, and repeat until it no longer crashes.

You can then enable one or two assets at a time, starting with the last ones disabled to find the culprit.

The problem, however, could be something inherently wrong with the route its self. Something could have gotten corrupted somewhere between the content creator's PC and the DLS.

Thanks for the response John. I really only tried to replicate HPL's problem to show that the problem lies with the current test build or with the route and not with HPL's setup. I later tried to load the route in the 105100 build and it works just fine so it appears to be either a bug in the new build or a problem with one of the route dependencies which was skipped over in previous TRS19 builds. I'll let Tony and N3V deal with sorting this out.

G'day

Need to submit Bug Report for Build 106291. Where and how do I do this, these days, as I've been away from trainz Beta Testing for 12 months or so.

silvergull
Michael

big_b - QA have reproduced the issue. Thanks

HPL - re Blue Mountains, unfortunately this is another case of "it's working fine here" case which suggests something is amiss in your database. Possibly a different revision of an asset, possibly a modified asset, possibly something else.

It's likely an asset causing the problem.I had a similar issue with my worked over version of Yosemite Valley, I could create a session and the route would load but upon choosing a locomotive (no 23) I had a CTD. This occurred 3 times and performed a quick DBR after the second occurrence. After the third CTD, I cleaned up the database by downloading updated assets, deleted the obsoletes and after another DBR, I've had no further trouble. Hope this helps.
cheers
Graeme

As I am not the only one having the issue, it isn't "something amiss in my database" (DBR and extended DBR didn't help). The route is flawless in other builds, so the problem isn't due to assets from the DLS but to built-ins that have been modified or updated in Build 106291.

I think you're missing my point. The route is "flawless" in my version of both 106291 and 105100 and it isn't in yours (and in one other we know of). Therefore I'm looking for possible options that you can test to see if you can resolve the problem (and thereby identify what is different between our tests).

Given we're testing the same build, the "most likely" reason is you (and others) have an issue that is asset related. Perhaps you both have a different version of a library from another route you've installed that I don't have, for example.

Of course it is not the only possibility. It could also be a timing issue which could be down to frame rates, CPU load etc, or something else such as the settings you have, the location you are loading to in the map. The point is we don't know, and we need to find out.

As stated, there is "no flaw" in my version, so what's different in your case?

If you create a fresh userdata folder and download all the content from the DLS, you could identify if you still get a problem. If not, we know the issue is most likely related to your database.

You're obviously a keen Trainz user so we can try to work together to find a solution, or we'll release as is and find out how many other people experience the same issue.

Tony:

Reply from "one other".

I have created a blank userdata folder and dowloaded Blue Mountains 2019 with all its dependencies. As you suspected it works just fine.

I have a gold membership and like to run sessions rather than create routes. Thus I have downloaded all the DLC and also have all the Beta routes for testing. Does the machine you are using as a comparison have all this installed? My 106291 build has no faults and no out of date assets.

I doubt many users will be affected by this specific problem, but more importantly the program should be able to handle ALL assets with no errors according to CM without causing a CTD. The error trapping must be a little leaky.

Glenn

Back