Jim Weaver

rwk

Is he still alive? He hasn't posted in a while and I want to send him a PM about one of his stations.

Oh well, I guess pm'ing him did no good if that is the case. I know we just lost Ben Dorsey recently and he made a bunch of stations. Leeferr made some as well. But, I was interested in Jim Weaver's Wolfeboro station that he offered as payware on Dave Drake's Tall Trees site which is down, too. What happened to Tall Trees? Most of his stuff is on the DLS anyway. Here is Jim Weaver's station page from 2007 on wayback which lists the Wolfeboro, NH station but pictures don't work. https://web.archive.org/web/20070707092749/http://www.ttbwrr.com/JWeaver-Design-I.html I guess the only option for me now is to cobble other buildings together or learn how to 3D model, lol. Or ask around if someone would be willing to make it for me, and I would pay him. I should have bought it when it was available in 2007.

I didn’t realize he passed. Manifest, since you beta tested for him in 2006/2007 that is when he had his payware site with stations, etc. do you know where his non-DLS content might have ended up? I’m just curious. His site is gone. Is it just vaporware now? He had a bunch of unique stations and buildings that weren’t available anywhere else. But he should have somehow made the files available again before he passed although he did say on his site that he vowed to never release them as freeware. If people made any routes with those buildings then the kuid’s will be forever unknown and the items will be missing unless they package the buildings with the route.

I didn’t realize he passed. Manifest, since you beta tested for him in 2006/2007 that is when he had his payware site with stations, etc. do you know where his non-DLS content might have ended up? I’m just curious. His site is gone. Is it just vaporware now? He had a bunch of unique stations and buildings that weren’t available anywhere else. But he should have somehow made the files available again before he passed although he did say on his site that he vowed to never release them as freeware. If people made any routes with those buildings then the kuid’s will be forever unknown and the items will be missing unless they package the buildings with the route.

Post on the TPR forum from 2007 where he states he will never release his payware as freeware. Looks like he Shut down, re-opened again then vanished.

[h=3]Jim Weaver Design Shuts Down[/h] by jweaver » February 17 2007
As the title says, Jim Weaver Design is no longer in business, I wish to thank my many customers for their purchases. You will always have items that are very rare in the Trainz world as I have sworn never to release them as freeware.

I also wish to thank David Drake for his willingness to host my web page and his continued encouragement, beta testing, and his many ideas, suggestions, comments and corrections.

Jim

rwk, I did not stay in touch with Jim after 2008 or so and do not know the status of his non-DLS content.

Back