Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is compatible with hp laptops?

Default What is compatible with hp laptops?

I recently created a trainz account to get TRS. The problem is, I don't know which versions are compatible on this laptop. Anyone else know?

Quarantining Since March 1st In Front Of My PC

Super laptop cooling pads with fans

Post your PC specs, as Trainz can put a lot of stress on a laptop, creating heat issues
    The expression: "Avoiding it like it is the Plague" just doesn't make any sense. Humans just don't do that very well.

Quote Originally Posted by trainatic89 View Post
    I recently created a trainz account to get TRS. The problem is, I don't know which versions are compatible on this laptop. Anyone else know?

It all depends on your GPU. In the case of a laptop that could be integrated graphics or an RTX 2080 mobile. Anything above intel series 4000 will run TANE / TS19 if you are very very selective about what assets you select.

Realistically https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php and you want something with 10,000 3GD score or so. Intel Iris pro p580 should be OK with the sliders set well over to minimum. Unfortunately there aren't many laptops that have this GPU.

TS12 doesn't need such a powerful GPU but you'll need to buy it on ebay and you want an unregistered copy.

Cheerio John

Quote Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
    It all depends on your GPU. In the case of a laptop that could be integrated graphics or an RTX 2080 mobile. Anything above intel series 4000 will run TANE / TS19 if you are very very selective about what assets you select.

Realistically https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php and you want something with 10,000 3GD score or so. Intel Iris pro p580 should be OK with the sliders set well over to minimum. Unfortunately there aren't many laptops that have this GPU.

TS12 doesn't need such a powerful GPU but you'll need to buy it on ebay and you want an unregistered copy.

Cheerio John

TS12 is available from Gamers Gate which is a genuine digital version and I think its still on Steam as well. No need to gamble with Ebay.
    Malc

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

They'll pretty much work on laptops, but to be honest, you'll want to play Trainz on a desktop (at least from TANE onwards) as they can provide more power, and you can change hardware when you upgrade while laptops you are pretty much stuck with whatever hardware it comes with.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

I use an HP ZBook 17 G2 from 2014. It's basically a portable desktop. I'm able to play graphics intense games, keeping a steady 40 to 60 fps in Trainz, depending on what my graphics settings are set to, and it is somewhat cheaper. They're at about medium. Laptops aren't perfect for Trainz, but for what they are, they're great. I'd rather have Trainz with me where I go so I can work on routes and such. It's nice. What kind of HP do you own?

I'd say if you have small laptop that looks like it could have been issued by your middle school, then, no, I'd say don't run Trainz.

*Also definitely do not look on Ebay for Trainz games. There is a high chance you'll get ripped off. Steam has the best deals I've ever seen, especially on Trainz. Trainz 12 is currently $9.99, and Trainz: A New Era is $29.99.
    Last edited by ministerfarrigut; March 2nd, 2020 at 12:05 AM.
    I play Trainz with a laptop

HP Z Book 17, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, Mobile Intel QM87.

It depends on how powerful the laptop is. I run TRS2019 on high settings on a laptop, but it is a gaming laptop with a gtx1070 and large cooling ports, and weighs a ton.

Its totally depend on your laptop and GPU, you need yp upgrade its latest version, its also available on different online stores, I bought my one from ReeCoupons, if you wanna buy it I recommend you once check there.

Quote Originally Posted by hazelmark760 View Post
    Its totally depend on your laptop and GPU, you need yp upgrade its latest version, its also available on different online stores, I bought my one from ReeCoupons, if you wanna buy it I recommend you once check there.

Welcome to the Trainz forums. You are correct when you say the GPU is important for Trainz. Please register your copy of Trainz. Your opinion would then carry more weight.

With regards the original question, if we are talking recent laptops (last year or so), and TANE or TRS2019 then I would say an I3 processor with GTX1050 GPU would be the absolute minimum worth considering. Although you would need to wind back the Trainz options performance settings with this level config. Trainz will run on lesser performance machines than this, but you would not really be getting the best out of it.

I run TRS2019 on an I5/GTX1050ti laptop at medium settings and find performance very acceptable. I also run it on a slightly higher spec desktop (I7/GTX1070). While the desktop's performance IS better, it's most noticeable advantage is that it runs a lot cooler, so there is a LOT less fan noise.

I am not sure which current HP laptops would meet this criteria (I have a Dell), but there will be some. Perhaps you could post more detail regarding your laptops specs ?
    Last edited by FootplatePhil; March 9th, 2020 at 05:50 AM.
    Phil
    'WeddinNSW V4.1' for TRS2019 SP1 now on the DLS. All my screenshots are from a route you can download for free, now.

Thanks to everyone who gave info. Unfortunately, I don't actually know the specs of my computer. All I know is that it is an HP Stream.

Thanks to everyone who gave info. Unfortunately, I don't actually know the specs of my computer. All I know is that it is an HP Stream.

https://belarc.com/

get the free download and run it. That will tell you exactly what the CPU and GPU are.

Cheerio John

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

I can tell you, from owning one of those, they're only good for seraching the web, and for basic office tasks.
    From having Skype, discord, Firefox, and Office 2016, the thing ran sluggish to the point it needed to be rebooted.
    I can tell you, Trainz won't run on HP streamers or lated streamed laptops, not without melting it.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Quarantining Since March 1st In Front Of My PC

Almost ALL laptops, even high end, $2000 to $3000 thousand dollar, laptops are inadequate, and may overheat. Desktop Windows PC's with a 2070 video card are recommended
    The expression: "Avoiding it like it is the Plague" just doesn't make any sense. Humans just don't do that very well.

Alright, I've just gotten TS2012 and, so far, it's been running fine. It doesn't seem to overheat, but that's probably because it's older. Thanks for all the advice! I'm looking into getting TRS2019 next, and I'll take your tips into thought.

Alright, I've just gotten TS2012 and, so far, it's been running fine. It doesn't seem to overheat, but that's probably because it's older. Thanks for all the advice! I'm looking into getting TRS2019 next, and I'll take your tips into thought.

TS12 is more CPU than GPU so you should have fewer problems.

Cheerio John