Moved TS2019 to a new computer - didn't work out. [solved]

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
So I copied my TS2019 install to an external hard drive. I copied my Trainz database to the same external hard drive. After that I copied both files from the external hard drive to the brand new drive D: on my new computer. Started TS2019, did the login thing, selected the copied database file on my D: drive as being the database source and did the database rebuild thing which took all of 15 seconds which I thought was odd. Started Trainz and all I had was the basic install and nothing else. So I did the extended database repair thing which took all of 60 seconds which again I thought was odd. And I still just have the basic installation.

At this point I started to wonder why I ever purchased TS2019 since all it's been is trouble, but I thought I'd best see if any of the folk here on the forum who are more clever than me have any thoughts on what might have happened.

Yep, I don't have much trouble either with TRS19. But at least I'll try to help.
What happens when you point your install at the external drive database? Make sure your database is where you think it is and is intact. Compare the original and new, is anything missing? Don't panic, think logically. It's only software after all. I understand you are knowledgable with computers, you might also try installing the old drive in the new computer, even if temporarily.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Thanks Graeme. Instead of going off in a huff and playing trains in TS2012 instead I'm starting to have a closer look at it to see what I may have done wrong. I'm fairly fearless with rebuilding computer hardware, but software is still largely mystery and magic as far as I'm concerned. Odds on it will be something simple that I've overlooked.

I'm pretty good with software, plus I did diagnosis in a Harvey Norman tech bay for 11 years. All software faults become generalized after a while. Good luck.
Graeme

Go back and double check that the TRS19 app is pointing to the proper data folder. Also make sure the "new" (copy of original) data folder is about the same size as the original and report back.

And guess who made a really dumb mistake with directing TS2019 to the correct files. Everything looks good. It's very nice to have my TS2019 Tinware Classic install back again.

And thank you to everyone who replied because it all helped. My brain is really glitchy and stupid at the moment due to the very hot Summer weather that's being inflicted on us here in NZ, so Autumn can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Back