Where to post Tidewater 2.0 comments/issues? (beta/preview pass)

1611mac

- - . -
Tidewater 2.0 comments & issues (beta/preview pass)

Found some apparent broken rail in Tidewater 2.0 beta/preview pass. Where is the appropriate place to post Tidewater beta comments/issues?

At riverside scrap and iron there is an abandoned spur. A junction of the abandoned spur and active industrial spur is non-existent and the rails are badly mis-aligned.

Tidewater Point 4.6
TRS19 105100

broken_rail.jpg

Last edited:
JR Version of Update?

Hi All,

I see that the Tidewater TRS19 updates are starting to appear on the DLS.

Do we know when JR are going to post the updated versions for those of us who bought direct from them? Can't update via DLS because the different versions show the updates as payware not active.

Thanks,
Diego

I don't see any updates? I have the same problem, all three sessions my train derails. especially in front of the station at switch Tidewater 5.

Tidewater Route release 100973:3
TRS19 106618

1.) Train wobbles so much at 15mpg (track speed is 20) the train derails. This in "old grain terminal" session down the spur to Tidewater Mills on short straight just before junction 310706 - train runs fine at lower than around 12 mph downhill. This happened to me twice.

2.) Also - at this point (Tidewater Mills couple) I did a save game (session) and later came back to it. After the restart and load of saved game I completed the current task but got no Nav Point after the couple at Tidewater Mills. When I run the session straight through without saves and returning the Nav Points continued fine as expected.

Last edited:
2) is because scripts won't restart on loading save.
Graeme

Surely that is not the intent though? N3V doesn't consider that as something to fix? (I took the opportunity for the reminder of this issue.)

If that is true, then why is there a SAVE available while in DRIVER? Might as well put a popup on the SAVE button that says "Note: Saving your game will break your game." (I use "game" here to distinguish it as a session save from DRIVER as opposed to a "real" session save in Surveyor."

If N3V does not see this as a problem then that is concerning. Every new user who saves a session in progress is going to expect it to pick up where it left off and in the same "state" as before.

1611mac,

In my mind, IF the only things "broken" by an in-game/session save are the Nav Points and the scoring......I never use em and consider them a PITA!

Dave

I'm having an issue With Tidewater Point Railroad 2.0.

When I pick the 'Container delivery' session I found it unplayable.

The first switch is locked and set to the wrong position. I haven't found a way to switch it yet, the lock icon always appears above it and it never switches on it's own. Attempting to preceed always results in a derail.

I tried uninstalling Tidewater 2.0 and when trying to reinstall it I'm getting the following error:

CDP package installation failed:
Error: Failed to download precached data for package 'sc473' at version '106740' for platform 'standard-1'.
1 Errors, 0 warnings

Game now shows missing dependencies over Tidewater and all sessions. The session now loads all messed up as seen below.

c9rLkNM.png

MacOS 10.15.4
Trainz 2019 Plus Build: 105113

Uninstalling and reinstalling a second time resulting in the same error and unable to load the session properly.

Hello,
Container session worked fine for me. You don't need to change that switch. Just sit there and wait for the oncoming train to go by and the switch will turn green at which time a dialog will tell you to proceed.

I had no missing dependencies. Check CM for "open for edits" and also rebuild database.

I find "Shunting work" unable to complete (without fixing). I find a bad track area impassible without derailing as described at top. The released version still has that flaw. However, no one else has complained so either no one runs the sessions or I'm seeing something really wrong.

For me, I was seeing the signal turn green on the signal bridge and the dialog told me to proceed after the train passed.

However, the on the MAP I was still seeing the red dot and the map terminating with the switch in the wrong position indicator without me changing anything each load of the session. Trying to change the switch position was not possible because it was always locked.

I could wait an hour and that not change. Backing up and trying to move forward again didn't help either.

Edit: Repaired my database, which removed Tidewater again. This time even after the same error message as above and missing dependencies warnings I am able to load like before. I am experiencing the same switch issue.

As you can see I am getting the dialog to proceed after the train passes. But the switch in front is still not set properly. Proceeding now results in a derailment.

di5S489.png

Last edited:
Perhaps I don't know which switch you are referring to. The very first one? When my session starts all those first switches are set correctly for you. You need only wait for a green signal at the signal bridge and then proceed. You are wanting to head to the main line to your left, right? Just proceed ahead under the green at the signal bridge.

I took a closer look at the switches. They are all set correctly. However, when passing over the first one I alway derail.

Watching the derailment happen from the camera being in front of the train looking back it actually does not look like it's happening at the switch. But just past it.

The front engine derails and stops. And the following engine becomes one with the front one, followed by all the container cars doing the same.

I figured the issue had to be the issue and I was second guessing myself. Turns out it's set right. There is some other issue causing the derailment.

Very odd. Have you gone into Surveyor and looked at that point? I honestly don't know why my Session would be OK but not yours. Do you show in problems with Tidewater dependencies?

Looking in surveyor I see there is a piece of JR Multi Industry track starting right between the first 2 switches. Perhaps tracks are mis-aligned?? But again, I don't know why my session would be OK and not yours. Have you done anything in Surveyor on that Route?

Could it be related to the track at the second junction going through the platform when hading right? While the switch is not set in that direction I wonder if it's causing a bug with the game.

Does that track go through the corner of the platform for you as well?

As for dependencies I was only missing that one in the error. Finally got it showing as resolved after repairing my database again.

Here's a pic of what I see. Note the track with white underneath. That is the JR industry track and it will join to the other track at each end. Can you tell exactly where the detail occurs? Move the train forward at 1mph and note exactly where it derails from side view.

tidewater.jpg

btw, I see in your first pic what you mean about track going through your platform. I am at a loss here and I'm also disappointed that no one else is jumping in here. The only thing I could guess why your Route would be different than mine is if you are on Plus and that is a beta version of the route or something. What is the kuid of your route? Also, it may be time for you to contact N3V Support and ask them. Show them the pic of the track going through the platform. What build of TRS-19 are you on?

btw, I see in your first pic what you mean about track going through your platform. I am at a loss here and I'm also disappointed that no one else is jumping in here. The only thing I could guess why your Route would be different than mine is if you are on Plus and that is a beta version of the route or something. What is the kuid of your route? Also, it may be time for you to contact N3V Support and ask them. Show them the pic of the track going through the platform. What build of TRS-19 are you on?

That's weird that the industry track is showing like that. I've only seen this in Surveyor and not in Driver. I'll have to take a look since I haven't downloaded the route yet to find out since I have my older version installed.

Here's a pic of what I see. Note the track with white underneath. That is the JR industry track and it will join to the other track at each end. Can you tell exactly where the detail occurs? Move the train forward at 1mph and note exactly where it derails from side view.

Not installed here but from the screenshot, what's that junction 424572 doing bottom right with no actual junction or track for it? Suggest look in Wire Frame and see if there is track going downwards from that point?

Just wanted to say that I am having no problem with the container session. Running Trainz Plus 106618 and Tidewater 2.0 506034:100974:3. When the tail end of the approaching consist is even with the station the signals turn green for me and I am off.

My problem (as others have noted) is with the derail junction just before the entry to Tidewater Coal Co. This hasn't changed since the early beta versions and I have no idea how the developer (N3V or wearsprada) didn't notice this when testing a payware release session. It was easily corrected in a cloned version of the route/session. The route looks much better, but there is still too much use of ugly grass splines for a TRS19 route.

Glenn

Back