Where to post Tidewater 2.0 comments/issues? (beta/preview pass)

-snip-
My problem (as others have noted) is with the derail junction just before the entry to Tidewater Coal Co. This hasn't changed since the early beta versions and I have no idea how the developer (N3V or wearsprada) didn't notice this when testing a payware release session. It was easily corrected in a cloned version of the route/session. The route looks much better, but there is still too much use of ugly grass splines for a TRS19 route.
Glenn

Well thank you! I'm glad I'm not nuts. If you look at first post in this thread you can see that I posted about that problem in the beta version. It obviously did not get fixed before release. I find that very disappointing. What is the point of an early release beta if things as obvious as that don't get fixed? I try to be positive and upbeat through all the issues, but sometimes things are just disappointing.

Not installed here but from the screenshot, what's that junction 424572 doing bottom right with no actual junction or track for it? Suggest look in Wire Frame and see if there is track going downwards from that point?

There is a track that comes from that switch. It comes back the other way and starts just about where the picture is cut of. That's a legitimate switch.

HOWEVER, It is odd that the TRACK PROfILE (in game) does show a red dot immediately in front of the loco where there is no junction. But when you turn on "show junctions" on the track profile no direction indicator is shown as is for all other junctions. The red dot does turn green when the signal ahead turns green.

There is also a yellow area between ties just in front of loco. When hovered over with cursor this appears: "8 - Found signal of offset, Distance.... etc etc"

But my main question is: The OP's pic and my pic differ. His pic shows the station platform on top of track, mine does not. Why would his route be different than mine? The beta version I had was in a different beta install (but even this session worked OK). The copy I have now is the released version installed in my "main" install.

The red dot in the UI profile just in front of the loco is an invisible signal. I always add PGUY's custom hud even in TRS19 and it shows up there. It's also useful to see the length and weight of a consist to sort out problems like the change in the density of the coal commodity which happened recently and for choosing locos for your own session.

Glenn

It was in one of my earlier posts, but I 'm running MacOS 10.15.4 with Trainz 2019 Plus Build: 105113. Which I believe is the latest version of Trains Platinum / Plus for the Mac.

Wonder if it's a Mac versus Windows issue.

The old grain terminal session has the same derail issue as well at this spot.

Here is a look from a different angle. The Junction does appear to be sharp angle. Also, I'm not sure what that white stuff is appearing under the rails. I only see it from this angle. But when I'm over it it is where the derail happens. The KUID version i'm seeing is: <kuid2:506034:100974:3>

0skiRvl.png

Yes.. appears to be a bad switch. See my pic below of same scene off my Windows PC. Our routes have the same kuid number.

Are you sure you didn't do that somehow by accident? I have TRS-19 on my Mac also (though it's been a long time since I ran it on Mac). Let me fire it up with Tidewater and see what the route does on my iMac.

tide2.jpg

This pertains to the Mac version only (106755) - Windows version (106618) works fine.

Hello, I installed latest patches of Plus on my Mac (I run '19 on a PC) and downloaded Tidewater. I had the exact same result as you. Derail at the 2nd switch (junction). My Mac version looks just like your pic above. The junction is mis-aligned.

I tried to fix in Surveyor by just adjusting the track splines. But as a fixed this a big gap appeared down a bit further. I fixed that and then that caused another junction mis-alignment further down. I'd say this track and this Mac version are not friendly to each other. If you care that your session doesn't work I'd contact support and point them to this thread.

Hi, folks. I am running Trainz 2019 Platinum version 109641. I just purchased Tidewater Point Rail 2.0 and I must say it is a very lovely route. I am a session player and not a route designer and am unable to figure out why ALL THREE sessions that come with the route are unplayable on my machine. Both Old Grain Terminal and Shunting Work cause derails, while Container delivery cannot proceed as the junctions going forward are pointing in the wrong direction and are locked and when trying to reverse the consist to move to the adjacent track, I run into a red signal that will not change.

After reading through this thread, I believe I am not alone in having these problems with the built-in sessions. I have screenshots showing all of these problems, but thought I'd first just ask the group here if anyone found solutions. I did uninstall and reinstall the entire Trainz 2019 Platinum program and then installed TPR by itself and still had the same problems on all the sessions. I don't see how these errors could possibly have made it through QA as one can hardly START each session without them crashing. Perhaps it's just my machine (brand new Alienware desktop) or an error in my Trainz settings or ???. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Best regards, Ron

Last edited:
OP here, I reported problems back in Feb. (it's "early release). I was disappointed that it was released to public soon after without fixes. It makes it appear that NV3 looks like they really don't care about the working quality of the routes/sessions they sell in conjunction with the 3rd party creator. This is why I was excited when I learned of the TCCP program (See the TCCP forum where I am about the only poster.)

For those who may not know the TCCP allows those who have TRS19 Plus to signup and test Routes and sessions while they are being developed. I signed up and participated. I was surprised at the lack of interest in the program. There are limited testing slots for each item but you could always claim an item and test as there were few testers. Very few. I stopped participation for several reasons. The last route I claimed had 35 sessions! Yes 35! I assume you'll see it available for purchase one day. But I for sure don't have time to beta test 35 sessions in 14 days. (You have two weeks to do the testing.)

A less than succesful program, to say the least. The notice received about routes, and the descriptions say merely "small route with sessions" or "large route with sessions." So the tester has no idea what it is going to be when they "claim" an item. Could be single locomotive. Could be a route with 35 sessions. Does not even give a Region so it may be American, European, Asian, or mythical who knows what. So much promise down the drain.

I know that most "seasoned" Trainzer's likely just prefer to do their own thing (making sessions) but non-working sessions sure make it look to the newbie that not only does the product not work, but that no one really cares. That's sad. Very sad.

I wish nothing but the best for N3V and the Trainz products. But if they are not going to take responsibility for poor and failing sessions (to make sure work) they will continue to lose new users. I thought the TCCP program was a step in the right direction and indicated a desire by N3V to fix things. But I see nothing at all going on with the TCCP program. Nothing to promote it. Nothing to fix it. Nothing to enhance it.

That makes me sad. So much unused potential there!

Last edited:
In regards to the Grain session:

Pull fwd ever so slowly into the white area just prior to the 'bad' switch/derailer until you are able to control the aft switch (junction 424572). Then proceed in reverse to get re-routed onto the track parallel to the starting point.

Regarding the hitching session, that old junction with the missing lever is maddening. Drove me nuts trying to figure it out. Glad to know its a known bug and not something boneheaded that I'm doing.

Just installed during the free dlc tryout.

Found this effed up switch.

Can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet :p

The switch runs backwards, so I have to bypass the switch then use edit trains to move my consist to the correct via.

Reeeeally annoying ! :p

TWPBad-Switch.png

EDIT:

Upon driving a little futher, I find this (I think) ATLS crossing totally effed up as well. :p

TWPBad-Crossing-Switch.png

Further up the line
this epic track spline FUBAR< LOL

TWPBad-Track-Spline.png

Definitely not going to buy this route if I have to clone and fix all this crap myself. :eek:

I also found many sections of track where the roadbed spline underneath was higher than the track..... Pfffft

Worse than all the tunnel and tunnel portal eff ups on the Sebino Lake route ! :hehe:

Rico

Last edited:
Is this in SP3?

There were bugs with splines in that version that have been fixed in SP4 that caused weird track twists like that.

Interesting to see this thread pop up, as I just did a fresh 19 SP4 install the other day and fresh install of Tidewater, I as well found this broken with the rail. As well as a few other things in 19 that made me run back home to TANE.

I can confirm that this issue is still presented in SP5 RC and TRS22.
I don't think it'll be fixed anytime soon either.

Cheers

I can confirm that this issue is still presented in SP5 RC and TRS22.
I don't think it'll be fixed anytime soon either.

Cheers

That's too bad. The track works fine now, but the route-builder needs to go back and repair the route, but it seems a lot of stuff becomes abandonedware once it makes its way into the DLC realm.

Last edited:
@JCitron :

Using SP4 114863 Steam. ;)

I agree, Tidewater needs to be gone over. On the official TANE and TRS2019 Facebook page (I am one of the admins there) we see members post screens and videos re: Tidewater nearly everyday!
Tidewater and Coal Country are the 2 most popular routes in that group. It is way too popular to be ignored.

It also would benefit from a detailers hand as well, in the high traffic areas and close to the track.

The terrain is interesting physically, but lacks enough difference in texture work over it's entirety. It looks like it was textured by a Golf Club landscape Architect, if you get what I mean, LOL.

I did enjoy the route overall, but not enough to buy it, unless I were to commit to a re-build of my own on a clone. (I dunno, still thinking, I do really like the route overall.) ;)

Rico

Last edited:
So all these Facebook Group users have good track in Tidewater? How is that? Tidewater has been broken for me seemingly since it's release.

So all these Facebook Group users have good track in Tidewater? How is that? Tidewater has been broken for me seemingly since it's release.

Not sure. I haven't seen any posts re: broken stuff, just screens and drive by (railfan) video clips.

Perhaps they're just fixing the track in a clone?

Rico

Not sure. I haven't seen any posts re: broken stuff, just screens and drive by (railfan) video clips.

Perhaps they're just fixing the track in a clone?

Rico

Likely... I did that for a couple of bad places but when there were more I quite intending to go back to it but never have.

@JCitron :

Using SP4 114863 Steam. ;)

I agree, Tidewater needs to be gone over. On the official TANE and TRS2019 Facebook page (I am one of the admins there) we see members post screens and videos re: Tidewater nearly everyday!
Tidewater and Coal Country are the 2 most popular routes in that group. It is way too popular to be ignored.

It also would benefit from a detailers hand as well, in the high traffic areas and close to the track.

The terrain is interesting physically, but lacks enough difference in texture work over it's entirety. It looks like it was textured by a Golf Club landscape Architect, if you get what I mean, LOL.

I did enjoy the route overall, but not enough to buy it, unless I were to commit to a re-build of my own on a clone. (I dunno, still thinking, I do really like the route overall.) ;)

Rico

It's a great route with a lot of stuff to do in that small space. With my copy I purchased directly from Jointed Rail, I did a bit of renovating by adding in more trees to fill in the landscape closer to the tracks and added in more textures to alter the color a bit as well. By adding in some more double track and sidings, I can run some additional longer trains from the portals. This makes for a different world altogether and the changes are really simple to do. At one time, I merged the route into another and had quite a setup, but that took a lot of work getting the two heights to work well. Today, I use i-Portals which avoids that disparity in height, although not as elegant as driving from one end to another.

Coal Country is another beauty I enjoy as well. Scratchy does such a nice job with his routes. I have his Eagle River as well which I've merged into a couple of routes including my two Legend of the BNSF merged together to create one huge Northern Pacific setup. This operation can run for hours with freights running all over and through passenger trains doing their thing.

Back