Uploading to Trainz imaging host has unencrypted password

hiawathamr

DLC developer for Trainz
My security program has stopped an upload from happening due to the myTrainz password being sent over the internet unencrypted (aka plaintext).
Usually these occure when the certificate hasn't been renewed.
So as a precaution, I haven't tried this again until this is resolved, as I don't want some middle person getting the password

5TpOfbw.jpg

Cheers

One of the better ones. I use Emsisoft and it catches all sorts of things you wouldn't suspect were happening. Did the alert give you which HTTP option is was using (HTTP:// or HTTPS:// )?

Bill

No, didn't say which protocol it tried to use - it said it stopped a privacy threat because an attempt was made to connect to a unsecure Trainz site that N3V is hosting for the images.

Cheers

I agree with your initial analysis. Looks as if the certificate may have dropped out of date. Usually, when a site's certificate is good, the PW is encrypted. I forgot to renew my own site cert and Chrome gave me grief over it.

Bill

If that's the Trainz Gallery it's https, not showing anything amiss here when loging in, are you uploading from within Trainz which might be the cause as it doesn't need a login other than that TANE or TRS19 is logged in.

Back