Unified Driver/Surveyor - only value in Platinum?

It was downloaded from the DLS. It has never been anywhere TANE. I first installed into TRS19 100240 and got the unknown asset error. I then downloaded a clean install of TRS19 SP1 and installed it into that without any missing or unknown assets.

Stonegate, can I assume from the above post that the problem has been resolved in TRS19 SP1?

Why do you need to keep TRS19 pre-SP1? It is now obsolete.

I'd say pretty different: with UDS, a soon as you switch from Driver to Surveyor and use the train tab, then you are forced to save your progression as a session instead of a savegame, and consequently next savegames will depend on it. Plus you end up with as many sessions as you have used the train tab, melted with savegames. Without UDS, you simply access the train tab in Driver, savegames are always savegames and all of them depend on the same unique session.

Resurrecting the dead here. I wish I could remember every time I get a new version of trainz to record the first 4 hours of using it, the pain and frustrations that go with it, my head going through a meat grinder, so I can remind future self not to do it again. I'm trying to play TANE MP with friends, endless lag and BS has brought me to try the 30 day trial of plus. Right click my route and sure enough countless dependencies are missing on a route we've been able to play for awhile now in TANE. I'll spend another few hours banding those dents with a hammer. Funny how N3V has 100 ways to screw MP and enforcing everything has to be on DLS to stop "cheating" yet I can create anything I want, and indicate it obsoletes something required by an MP route, and my game will look nothing like the people I'm playing with, which is to say, all these measures they've put in place to ensure trust in MP don't work and have done nothing but kill MP. Oh, and I can't save in MP. Sorry for the rant, but if I didnt' own T:ANE and a working route, I have no idea how on earth a new player would be able to get it working, and why does the MP route require items that are no longer on the DLS but all friends can join because they found some random content that obsoletes the missing piece, and we all have different ones!?!?

Anyway... looong story short... I just want to edit trains. I can see it on Kickstarer 2, but in MP it says I'm not allowed, I guess because I'm in MP?! No idea. Quickdrive rule is not set to gameplay rule. Then I try other sessions, edit train doesn't exist. Couple youtube video later and this post tells me, if I have Plat or Plus, I have to use surveyor, which means, like the reply I'm quoting, I have to make a new session just to save a game, whereas if I don't have plat or plus, I can just edit in my driver session and make a normal save game. Is this really the case? If so I have to purposely go for the non platinum or plus to get sensible functionality?

If I can't edit in MP to cleanup a derailed train or whatever, then stop right there, I'll be uninstalling in 2 minutes, don't waste your time replying.
My mindset of this company is a boggle. Standard, Plus, Platinum, Permanent, Membership, Regional, the hell is this nonsense. By the way boys, if you install via the offline installer or the online installer, the "default" patch stream is different for each one, and it says to leave it alone if you don't know what you're doing, and for half of them, it's default to an old beta. *facepalm*

Last edited:
Back