Train running at Restricted Speed

jcardana

Trainz Enthusiast
Train running at Restricted Speed [SOLVED]

[SOLVED]
I'm working on a New Mexico Rail Runner line.

I have a train consisting of a MP40PH-3C, three Coaches (Bombardier Bi-Level) and a Cab Car. When I was running this route before with two MP40s front and back and not the Cab, it worked fine. But with the cab car running backward, it's always at half speed.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time,
Joe

Last edited:
Signals as in not enough of them?

Junctions set against the train so that the upcoming signal is red, therefore, the AI will move at restricted speed or half the normal operating speed.

Well, considering it's running at restricted speed through green lights, I'm thinking it's something else. I'm continuing to investigate.

EDIT: I'm so stupid when I don't have enough sleep. There was a "AI Set Priority" driver command... limiting the train to 25mph. :eek:

Last edited:
Took off the MP40PH, put on the BBL Cab Car... running at 28mph in a 45 with green lights. I have repainted Gramma's SEPTA BBL Cab Car <kuid:542976:100959> which I believe is a repaint from one of PerRock's.

I'm in the config.txt and have looked at the script.

Is there somewhere else I can look for speed restrictions?

Last edited:
I think I have traced the reskins back to YukonZoom's BBL - Sounder Cab Car, which also runs in restricted speed when attached to the MP40PH

I think I have traced the reskins back to YukonZoom's BBL - Sounder Cab Car, which also runs in restricted speed when attached to the MP40PH

This sounds familiar. Check the engine spec. If it's incorrect, the cab car will not work as a cab car so the AI will run in restricted speed when running backwards.

You can test this on the fly. Ctrl-right click on the car and change the engine spec to something else, or check another working cab car and use the same engine spec in that.

Hi

Check the max speedfigure in the loco and club car engine specs. I've seen it in the past where a consist will not run at full speed if two locos have different maxspeed's set. Editing one of the engine specs maxspeed to equal the other usually fixes it.

You would expect two locos with different maxspeeds to run at the speed of the slowest one but that doesn't seem to be the case and they run at a lower speed than the slowest one. Whatever calculation that is used when two locos are attached to a train would appear to have a glitch.

Regards

Brian

Check the max speedfigure in the loco and club car engine specs.
I did check the Loco Config, but not the EngSpec... I'll do that.

I've seen it in the past where a consist will not run at full speed if two locos have different maxspeed's set. Editing one of the engine specs maxspeed to equal the other usually fixes it.
When I first matched engines specs, it was fine. Then I tried another on the Cab car and it pulled the consist apart from the main engine.

Back