What are Some Downloadable Blocks I Can Get On The DLS?

I'm looking for blocks of either flat land or lands of foothills that some content creators made and put on the DLS I would like to add to my route and maybe make some alterations. It can be barren boonies or small towns that the tracks pass through or pass around. I'm still using Trainz12 (so it would have to be that as a minimum). This can help me reduce some time with my route building. Any suggestions and leads? I'm all eyes for Kuid Numbers. I'll add credits to the content creators who give me permission to download and alter their blocks to put on my route and upload to DLS if I do decide to upload.

Thanks.

- RR70

PS: I do plan to get Trainz 2019 or T:ANE - maybe both. Depends on which direction the numbers lean more towards in good ratings.

There were two users that I know of that have put blank terrain created by Trainzdem: fishlipsatwork and smooz. Just sort by username and you will find them. They are very old (2004 or so). Maybe even too old for TS12. Some are very large. But I have used them in the past. Give it a try.

Now for some unsolicited advice: Buy the Trainzdem program. I did about 6 months ago. It is complex software but you don't need to learn all the features just to create blank terrain from virtually anywhere.

Now regarding developed terrain (small towns, etc) I seldom download other users routes so let's see what other users suggest.

There's Dave Snow's Cotton Belt which will give you a long run.

But I do recommend spending about $28 US on TransDEM. You can cut an actual terrain to any shape and even place track where no railroad ever existed. This part is quite challenging but fun too.

You're welcome to look at my small 4 baseboard route of Foustwell, PA. It's TS12 and on the DLS as <KUID:135014:100214>. The tracks appear at one end of the baseboard and run off at the other, so it's really only a module or diorama. It's interesting terrain IMHO.

You're welcome to look at my small 4 baseboard route of Foustwell, PA. It's TS12 and on the DLS as <KUID:135014:100214>. The tracks appear at one end of the baseboard and run off at the other, so it's really only a module or diorama. It's interesting terrain IMHO.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I guess I have to correct myself as I'm still learning the lingo around here. It is MODULES ( all caps just stressing point - not indicating any condescension ) that I'm looking for - especially with low foot hills / prairie type settings.

Thank you.

- RR70

Adding your own terrain baseboard extensions is easy, and fun to create, to extend the terrain, and your route run length.

If you are merging someone else's route, onto yours, essentially you are running "Their" route, instead of "Your Own" route.

There are a lot of great routes out there on the DLS, and elsewhere.

Small town modules would be cool. Even if it was just 1 baseboard, that would be fine. Trainz12 would be the minimum, even though I'll save the adding of things until I get TRS19. Right now I decided to just lay down track and signals for the most part. When I transfer that route over from TR12 to TRS19, I will then add buildings and other assets. But as for town modules, they would save me a lot of time and would make great templates to add or take away some assets from.

- RR70

Back