E.I.T. Try Again

boleyd

While I have tried EIT before I always seemed to run into problems. Instructions and examples in the Wiki do not always match the currently modified system. But, I really wanted to get to the Mission Scheduler. Since AI would do that the constant "trip wires" in it, tend to make it far from a rewarding process.

So questions:

Basic: should I install ALL of the rules with names that seem to relate to EIT? The Interlocking Tower Configure Path shows RED when installed as an example.

1; are all of the EIT towers on the wiki ok or are some to be avoided? Currently using (to test) Tower 1582566 by the author PGUY. First thing I am doing is asking a yellow path to a nearby station from the yard. Does the yellow path need to extend past, before, or end at the station? Since I want to schedule with Mission Codes later this seems to be a place where placement is important.

I use the EIT TRC3 INVISIBLE (SHOULD BE AT LEAST THE ENHANCED INTERLOCKING TOWER)I only use the tower manager and mission code manager...
rules ITSETPATH and REMOVE ITSETPATH and ADD MISSION CODE and REMOVE MISSION CODE...PGUY has some demo routes on how he sets these up which should be a download link on the WIKI...(dls)

The yellow line s should be between signals start 1 signal to a 2nd anything in-between track wise is your path...
mc codes help a lot on mainlines you can combine a bunch of set paths to a mccode and your train will comply that path save a lot of hassle adding each path in command lines...

Dave =)

Last edited:
Where I was stumped was the Set Path rule was shown as an error. Red coloring. Ignoring that, and setting a relationship between the path and a train, the process progressed normally. Now the Set Path rule looks normal. A small bug and only applies to my system.

I tend not to use those rules (prefering to use pguy's driver commands to set paths, etc.). However, from memory I believe the red colouring is just telling you the rule hasn't yet been configured (no tower / paths defined yet).

Back