Thread: Curved Trestles

Default Curved Trestles

Good morning folks!
    I've been struggling with this as long as I've been building routes and figured I'll cry "Uncle" and ask
    When building a curved trestle, the ends of the trestle always have that annoying, irritating, reverse curve. It seems no matter how
    small of straightened spline points I apply, it's never smooth entering or leaving the trestle. What's the trick?
    On the same note Linda, Shortline2, built her bridges as track and eliminates all the nonsense associated with bridges such as this reverse curve and connecting points. Why doesn't everyone just build the trestles as track and what's the benefits of the "bridge" designation?
    Thanks...now for that third cup of coffee
    Last edited by rick1958; February 24th, 2020 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typo

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I've run into the same issue and ended up using either Linda's bridges or those by Colorado71. Look for assets that begin with CO71 on the DLS, or on his website respectively.

https://colorado71.webs.com/
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

United States of America, Maryland, Westminster

If it's the kink in the track that annoys, and not the trestle decking and support, perhaps replacing the track asset in the trestle's config.txt file with an invisible track would help? You could then place your favorite bridge track over the decking/support structure.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

I think the reason for using bridge is to have the bridge be a model of a exact bridge or bridge style while bridges listed as track are just segments of the bridge and expand and contract as the user desires. At least that is my guess Since Ben Dorsey made lots of specific bridges as kind bridge.

William

Kind Bridge is obsolete from 2.9 need to use kind track for bridges tunnels as with any spline. http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i..._Bridge_Tunnel
    Malc

Whenever I need a bridge that looks best as a curve, I use this track: Girder Bridge which behaves as track and looks good. Then I finish it off with bridge supports such as track object: TUME-Bridge Support-TS12-101.

Thanks for all the replies folks. It sounds like there isn't actually a fix for the reverse curve on the ends other then use a different asset. At least I now know and will stop fighting with it.

my Trestles I made years ago will to that. Look then up at the download center, you can so anything with them.
    2600K Quad-Core 3.4 GHz. 16G Ram, 2 Old Gtx 560 TI's SLI mode, Trainz First Class Ticket - Lifetime Subscription. Build 78660

Wawasoo, glad to see that you're still hanging around these forums. I've been using your trestles in all my routes. I only wish that the really bendy ones were higher so that they could span a deeper valley or such. Thanks for the great trestles.
    pop pop