Curved Trestles

rick1958

Good morning folks!
I've been struggling with this as long as I've been building routes and figured I'll cry "Uncle" and ask
When building a curved trestle, the ends of the trestle always have that annoying, irritating, reverse curve. It seems no matter how
small of straightened spline points I apply, it's never smooth entering or leaving the trestle. What's the trick?
On the same note Linda, Shortline2, built her bridges as track and eliminates all the nonsense associated with bridges such as this reverse curve and connecting points. Why doesn't everyone just build the trestles as track and what's the benefits of the "bridge" designation?
Thanks...now for that third cup of coffee:eek:

Last edited:
If it's the kink in the track that annoys, and not the trestle decking and support, perhaps replacing the track asset in the trestle's config.txt file with an invisible track would help? You could then place your favorite bridge track over the decking/support structure.

I think the reason for using bridge is to have the bridge be a model of a exact bridge or bridge style while bridges listed as track are just segments of the bridge and expand and contract as the user desires. At least that is my guess Since Ben Dorsey made lots of specific bridges as kind bridge.

William

Whenever I need a bridge that looks best as a curve, I use this track: Girder Bridge which behaves as track and looks good. Then I finish it off with bridge supports such as track object: TUME-Bridge Support-TS12-101.

Thanks for all the replies folks. It sounds like there isn't actually a fix for the reverse curve on the ends other then use a different asset. At least I now know and will stop fighting with it.

my Trestles I made years ago will to that. Look then up at the download center, you can so anything with them.

Wawasoo, glad to see that you're still hanging around these forums. I've been using your trestles in all my routes. I only wish that the really bendy ones were higher so that they could span a deeper valley or such. Thanks for the great trestles.

Back