TADDatabaseNoWrite Flagged

Pug

I suddenly came across the inability to overwrite the database when saving session changes. I carried out a couple of Repair Database instructions and then a couple of Extended Database Repairs all to no avail. I then thought that maybe upgrading from 105100 all the way up to 106009 may in some way correct the problem but no such luck. At this stage I received the following assertion notifications:

y4mN8yY0QbViSmDdDqwAHq4buI66e6miQyz5cK738OmX8RAIagQW6UupsIFYtXwP0YnNGT-i6u6NiH9DvR28Msvcu-NfS5wdS5uX_NjROLA0qVfbx1wInHLtpLmwMqcV3NzBw9nWjRaSZIhotfEqjIAIjV8uGTbepQROoGEupdOCtE1GHRuPaBtQ3HICAn5ysKMlGvV1nngXKCBoHX0zB7Euw

and then

y4mo_cSgU2cP8gsiYIE10KKPbyEagjKWiaf0i2AROkAy_wK448Kb6veV2ZHqSEM62qFXQ7grPruwLVcRbQGxDwXz5OaExYi8oqo0ZT-wq5Jn6KM050iZ-nfQSWVlllKg1AiAHk09foXCSNqgj7Oyj9dlI-1x_95qvVN5OVp8ABbwqBVY4EqfgpRqftfBq5srGlViRPoggwjLrz1FA_RO9T4dQ

Is there some way to change the flag by, say, using a TrainzUtil instruction? I looked for one but could not find anything of relevance.

Is there enough free space on the drive? Were you tinkering with settings beforehand? You could try copying just the game files to another drive and resetting to defaults. Clear username and password then point to old database, run DBR and try again.
cheers
Graeme

Graeme,

I do not have just one instance of TRS19 installed but more like 7 with one extra being a base 105100 that contains just all of the base routes that came with TRS19 so that I can replace any other instance quite quickly if need be. So I already have a replacement installation up and running BUT my main problem there is not knowing how to copy all of the train consists, and there are a lot of them, over into the new installation. The problem there is that these consists are called up and used by the portals and I would need to replicate them all and name them correctly otherwise they will not be emitted. It will be much easier to change the NoWrite flag and continue to use the existing installation.

In that case, if you point another install at the recalcitrant database, do you get the same result? It only needs to be changed temporarily, just to find out if it's the game or the database causing trouble.
Good luck Geoff!
Graeme

Graeme,

Thanks for that tip which is not one that I had considered assuming that the fault was in the database itself. In the new installation I had built I deleted the UserData folder and replaced it with the UserData folder from the problem installation. Then did a database rebuild which was interesting as it reeled off a whole raft of interesting lines but finally finished. Did a second rebuild which also showed a lot of work but finished in about half the time of the 1st run. A third rebuild rebuild completes very rapidly now, with very few comments, in 25 seconds and no indication of not being able to write to the database. I then started Trainz, and session, and all is good. Happily back to normal!:D

Back