triple monitors

Does it even support dual monitors in Driver and Surveyor? As far as I know there is no way of moving the map window (for example) onto a second screen while Driver is hogging the main screen but it should be possible to open the different windows in CM in different monitors (but I have not tried it). I regularly have Surveyor on one monitor while running Google Earth on another.

This is a subject that has been raised several times in the Suggestion forum.

I have 2 monitors of the same spec and resolution, 3840 x 2160 max at 60Hz, and normally run Trainz on the LH screen in windowed but full screen, and CM on the RH screen. I only use a resolution of 2480 x 1080 to run Trainz to keep the video card load down. If you minimize the window you can then drag and resize the view across onto the 2nd screen so that it fills both screens if that is your want. For this to look reasonable you need monitors with minimum width, or no frames, to have a good picture.

This is the one monitor shot at 2048 x 1080:

y4mLcUfDapGJyC3nsuRapFc92w_iosdTmGodDC3hjsUUlpqh2vgDhr1NR7_ebwzQ6wIegfgxWLZ5ehONzK31aEEoEr7fnnfPdFoaOPiwmrnCGqy6_5CYn6t-Ac2SWhIQm1QtNYvduz3GCmfsbUCBCjbzC3RPFWoNQWJTSt93sQdXCYUr1uqVHUrMqjB0KQMH-Rp6Hh9dA2NQMwt42nw6S0Vqw

This is with the picture stretched over two monitors so the equivalent of 4096 x 1080. This is just a screenshot so the monitor frames do not show but a thin grey line in the middle defines the two screens:

y4mzGUVU9rQqttMz6ozb5PznbxX07qxhvRftYQPdvnae7_LApfVhKdYG5KXo9U1DQi9q23hYTojw321Hb9tGgWDlS0iRePfdFc9arQ0AMHa57EASv0B8NQz13LgrKsGJdItw28GDilBUlGIbpsfMhUS-Pl-ju_ndFHHl0fnXRWT0UqhY4a5dk3BX4Zfj5SZko3nhS-7HWnKM_umThkNF3N4DQ

All of this is handled by the video card and not TRAINZ. I originally dragged the Trainz Launcher dialog box to the RH screen and this position is remembered by the program so it always opens in the same position. Then, when you initially open any of the CM boxes you just need to drag them to the same screen and they will also open in the same location next time.

For 3 screens you can run any variation you like and they should all work.

NOTE:
DO NOT tick Full Screen in the General Tab of Trainz Settings as this locks the picture to the screen size and you cannot manipulate it.

I have the same setup (monitors) as Geoff, and yes, that's been a gripe of mine for quite a while -- not with just Trainz though.

Multiple monitors still come in handy though. I have my system monitor utilities (cpu/gpu temp and loading) on the second monitor. Also Notepad and my browser (convenient for looking up information without covering Trainz or whatever program I'm working on.)

Thank you for your prompt replies, that’s disappointing , I wonder why in this day of high pc specs

The answer is a Venn diagram of two circles. One circle represents the set of computer users with a powerful computer setup and the other circle is the people interested in train sims. The intersection of the two circles is small. Now if you have ideas about how to increase that intersection area, Tony would be over joyed to hear your ideas. :)

William

I suspect it would be quite challenging and time consuming to re-write Trainz to support undocking of the various panels and sidebar tools. Even programs with more modern roots don't support dual monitors (example is RizomUV, at UV create/editing program that could really benefit from the extra monitor space.)

NOTE: DO NOT tick Full Screen in the General Tab of Trainz Settings as this locks the picture to the screen size and you cannot manipulate it.
On a Windows computer... Alt-Enter will shift from full screen to windowed or vise-versa.

Yes old thread I know
but now we are about to get TRS2022, the question resurfaces
does it have or get 3 monitor support?
Currently I have 3 monitors [27" 1920x1080] [27" 1920x1080] [24" 1680x1050]
often pull Train over to the 2x 27" and it looks great

Thinking of ordering a 4k for the middle monitor (black friday deal)
so the setup will be [27" 1920x1080] [28" 3840x2160] [27" 1920x1080]
often in the evening [streaming tv] [gmax, script, Trainz] [Runescape]
really looking forward to TCS from Mike, it would get 1 monitor

luxury problems :)

Back