Portal into hillside

lenscab

Hi all,,,, I am really struggling now, I am trying to put a portal into the side of a hill but I cannot find one that goes through the base, and my attempts with a dighole is laughable, so could someone give me some gudance please. I would be very grateful.
Len

You need a dig hole for portal entrances. The smallest dig hole is 10x10m or one 10m square.
The portal will need to be lowered into the hole and any gaps filled in with boulders, embankment splines or retaining walls and ground splines like grass.
Remember a dig hole only makes the ground invisible so the terrain is still there.

Last edited:
I have a number portals on my route inserted into tunnels. The tunnels are straight and set just below the height of the portal. The track is connected to the portal, not the tunnel, and the tracks are aligned giving the impression that any train is disappearing into a tunnel not a portal. Using a Basic Portal protruding from the tunnel a short distance (with a second adjacent to it if required in a two track tunnel), it is easy to create the effect that the track goes way beyond your current route using the basic properties of a portal to turn back traffic or produce new trains as and when required. Peter

Back