Tachymeter: Does it still work?

jcardana

Trainz Enthusiast
I had no problems using the Tachymeter in 9 & 12, but it's not working in 19. Or maybe operator error?

Thanks for your time,
Joe

I had no problems using the Tachymeter in 9 & 12, but it's not working in 19. Or maybe operator error?

Thanks for your time,
Joe
Works in TANE SP3 but doesn't work in TRS19 "Classic" TB100240 NA Regional Version.

Looks like it doesn't see the assets name as reported by the ? tool on the Trainz flyout as a valid object name:

; <NULL> Posting message from 1248 '' to 1248 '', message Tachymeter.Timer, Tick with delay 1.000000
; <NULL> router message from 1248 '' to 1248 '', message Tachymeter.Timer, Tick
! <NULL> Router.GetGameObject> no object named ''
! <NULL> Router.GetGameObject> no object named ''

I suspect in TRS19 you now need to use another method that uses the name you input and gets a reference to an object the Router recognizes.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Track scanner still works but like I mentioned in another thread it won't find a path to the 2nd marker if turnouts are set against it or certain other kinds of asset are in the way.

Just looking at the script in the Tachymeter, it probably has the same problems. Both use GSTrackSearch methods and make only 1 search from the origin which stops at the 1st junction set against it or asset it can't pass thru. With the Tachymeter you set the direction of search and can try either. The scanner tries forward and automatically tires backward if the 1st fails.

Bob Pearson

PS This looks like a TRS19 bug of some kind since Tachymeter is designed to work in Surveyor and Driver and it worked correctly in both in TANE SP3.

Last edited:
Back