Competition Thread - raptr error

Status
Not open for further replies.

grazlash

Route Builder
I doubt we'll get many entries this week. The warning appears with chrome browser, Edge is not showing the warning.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
I do not trust anything on the Internet. It is a sewer at best. However, if that is your site then perhaps checking later might reveal that some underpaid intern mis-constructed something. You may be part of a group of false errors. It is not like the old days where software changes were always announced. Now with so many pieces of software in the info chain the chances of errors is higher and you become a victim. I run (all the time) two independent virus checkers as well as the built-in Windows10 virus checker. AND I never go to the so-called "social sites" which is only asking for trouble. You are probably not the only victim....

Appears to be from starfoxfan11's signature which isn't displaying here in Firefox and is hosted on raptr which was shut down in 2017.

Checking with Firefox on the address gives the same warning as with chrome, looks like Firefox is blocking the images from that site automatically while chrome isn't.

Firefox is just showing a place holder for the signature.
Edge the new Chrome version isn't showing anything at all where the image for the signature should be.

Neither however will allow you to go direct to raptr.com and are producing the same warning.

Assumption is that Firefox and Edge are blocking the image from the site as the image doesn't actually exist as the site was shut down, only thing there should have been the closure message, still registered until April 2020 though so probably been hacked.

I don't get that warning at all from Firefox for the competitions, but when pasting the raptr.com, it then gives me the deceptive site ahead.

Cheers

Easy solution, turn off all signatures in your forum settings. Total waste of Internet bandwidth.

William

Yes, I do wish images in signatures would be turned off in forum options. I do find signatures with PC and version info helpful.

All you have to do is hit details, then click where it says proceed to unsafe site, and it will load the page normally. This is google trying to keep your computer safe from the phishing attacks on raptr by blocking anything hosted there.

You are probably not the only victim....

There is no 'victim'. Somehow, a browser has concluded that there is a risk in displaying an image that can't be displayed anyway because the site was closed down years ago. It is completely irrelevant. Your paranoia is being driven by false positives created by poorly constructed algorithms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back