Sydney Project

Hi all,
Recently I've started a project inspired by Sydney, Australia,
Hope you guys like the first clip I have for you,
Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Way cool and good luck with that project. There's a lot of infrastructure and you'll need to make some compromises otherwise your computer will melt.

I tried to do this as a training exercise but didn’t get the detail you’ve got.
Any chance of it being available to download?

Sydney as a training exercise? That's like diving into the ocean when you can't swim! Sydney is very intense, dense, diverse and a massive undertaking. I'd look at something far smaller with less infrastructure like a country town to start with. For anyone looking at Sydney, there is a close approximation of the harbour bridge available, and from memory it is a bridge to Straton Island from memory (ie New York).

I've been building a DEM based Sydney route for a few years now. It includes City Circle, Bankstown line, East Hills line, Illawarra line to Sutherland, west to Parramatta, old & new Main South, to Picton, main North to Hornsby, plus MLR, and Freight lines. It's not fully covered with scenery just close to track & around stations, but I am mainly interested in scheduling and operating as much as I can to imitate the real thing. It runs well with 40+ consists under AI and others under manual control in TANE SP4 and Trs2019. I am adding North. Shore line and learning more about EIT's to improve operations as we speak. Am using many Driver commands such as couple/uncouple, move to. Etc, Several portals generating and consuming consists.

It's a nice challenge and keeps my brain active as well as my PC which seems to handle the load in its stride.
PG.

Completed my own version about 18 months ago, took around a year to finalise and was constructed in T:ANE. Am now contemplating bringing it into TRS19. The route itself is quite complex if you attempt a prototypical layout. Mine includes the line to Penrith in the west, Gosford to the north [including Hornsby train centre and the line through Epping to Strathfield]. It also takes in Botany Bay, Sydney Central, and much more. Some artistic licence was included where I found difficulty. Placing the catenary was a nightmare, as was detailing. I left out the Epping/Chatswood connection which I now understand is fully functional.

I wish you luck with your project and know all the difficulties in constructing/detailing such a route.

Mine is Blue Mountains Line V2 <KUID:708819:100231>

Cheers, Val.

Finished laying track for the flying junctions,
just need to figure out how to support the upper track
ER1P5VPUEAQ7dYF

Finished laying track for the flying junctions,
just need to figure out how to support the upper track

Hi, I'm working on a combined concrete wall with a metal fence on top, plus a ballast filler 6m wide.

This will allow for any track to be elevated in relation to the wall. It just requires careful adjustments at spline points.

I'll be using it for the fly-overs leading into platforms 16-23 at Central on my Sydney Central (1950s).

When I'm satisfied with the results, then I'll upload it to the DLS.

AUS-Girder-Wall.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Roy,

That retaining wall is awesome. I see many places where I can use something like that. The pristine concrete walls I use are too good for my route! :)

If anything, I may clone these and replace the ballast with my current one of choice, and maybe even grass to fill in those places where we need it.

Thanks John and Val,

I've just uploaded two versions of the wall to the DLS,.... one with the dirt-brown ballast and the other with a grey ballast. They should be available in a couple of days.

These are the kuids,...
<kuid2:508637:22515:1> AUS Conc Wall Fence Ballast 6m-2
<kuid2:508637:22516:1> AUS Conc Wall Fence Ballast 6m-1

conc-wall.jpg

If you can make use of them, good.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks John and Val,

I've just uploaded two versions of the wall to the DLS,.... one with the dirt-brown ballast and the other with a grey ballast. They should be available in a couple of days.

These are the kuids,...
<kuid2:508637:22515:1> AUS Conc Wall Fence Ballast 6m-2
<kuid2:508637:22516:1> AUS Conc Wall Fence Ballast 6m-1

conc-wall.jpg

If you can make use of them, good.

Cheers,
Roy

Loving them mate, just a suggestion, do you have any plans to release these in a parted out form, IE wall, ground, and fence separately, I'm sure that would help a lot of people

Loving them mate, just a suggestion, do you have any plans to release these in a parted out form, IE wall, ground, and fence separately, I'm sure that would help a lot of people

I've been out of action for the past two months. moving house and no time to even open TANE.

I had no plans to create assets in broken-down form. I believe there are heaps of walls, fences, terrain available already. I'm hoping to get back into finishing my Sydney 1950s layout before I leave the planet and that will be my priority. If I get some time after that, I may consider additional items.

Cheers,
Roy

Back