Points work in conjunction

Is there a way in Trainz I can make a set of points work in conjunction with another so when I change one set it also changes another set as well linked with it?

I have used the Junction Controller but it does have a flaw which led me to abandon it. The first junction points will reset (as expected) after the consist has passed over but this will cause the second linked set to reset before the consist has passed over it.

I now use EITs and ITs which perform the task much more efficiently and have other advantages.

I have used the Junction Controller but it does have a flaw which led me to abandon it. The first junction points will reset (as expected) after the consist has passed over but this will cause the second linked set to reset before the consist has passed over it.

I now use EITs and ITs which perform the task much more efficiently and have other advantages.

Have you got a kuid for that please?

There are quite a few KUIDs involved with Enhanced Interlocking Towers and Interlocking Towers and their various addons.

The best place to start is to read http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Configure_An_Interlocking_Tower - it is a learning curve but well worth the effort.

Some KUIDs to get you started

<kuid2:401543:3203:1> Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI
<kuid:401543:3205> Interlocking Tower Configure Path
<kuid2:61392:8101:52> Enhanced TRC3 invisible Interlocking Tower (SP2 and later)
<kuid:401543:3204> Interlocking Tower Set Path
<kuid2:401543:3220:1> Interlocking Tower - Crowcombe-Heathfield Signal Box
<kuid:401543:3201> Interlocking Tower Edit Helper
<kuid:401543:3200> Interlocking Tower Manager

If you want to see EIT working, there is a demo route by the author pguy. Search for EIT DemoRoute - UK1. Get the route and sessions and sit back and watch it work.

William

The junction controller does work for very short crossovers, and does not work reliably for long ones such as on a mainline where one junction will be released before the other. I used them extensively on my tram route to allow trams to crossover from a return loop and back on to the opposite main. They worked okay for that, but occasionally another AI train would come along and cause a derailment which left a tram and a half since I run double trams on my mainline.

More recently like pware, I have discovered the virtues of ITs. Using the EIT rule and setup, I've got four locations now that run automatically under the tower control. I will admit that this was one of the more difficult things I've ever done in Trainz, but it was well worth the effort. What I did find, however, is the paths need to be at least 2x the length of your longest train. In my case it's two connected trams. If the paths are too short, then there's a bit of a Mexican Hat standoff and the AI drivers go off and play Rock-Paper-Scissors indefinitely.

Another one is <kuid:122381:10003> Junction Link by Mizi.

Again, you don't want to use this where a short consist or single AI engine will get trapped.

:B~)

Back