EIT Question about scheduling ITPath from trackmark/trigger event

Robert704

I know that the idea behind EITs is to reduce overheads associated with triggers used for scheduling. However, I have one case where I either need to make extensive changes in schedules for all trains transiting through a small yard by adding intermediate trackmarks and ITPath commands, or use a trigger or trackmark prior to the yard to schedule an ITPath for the transiting trains. I cannot use an automatic path and path trigger because it conflicts with the few trains that DO use that yard.

Question for Pierre: "ScheduleAtTrackmark" rule in versions before TANE (kuid2:61392:2001:4) had the option to Insert (not Append) a command string BEFORE the current command in the trains schedule and the current schedule command was retained after the inserted command. This option went away in kuid2:61392:2001:6, and only "replace current command" and "append" to schedule are options now. I did use it with my old TRS2010 route to dynamically amend a schedule, Is there a reason this can no longer be done? If I have this option, I can use it like before to solve this problem.

The rule works the same as it always did. The command the train is driving to is replaced by the new schedule but all commands after that one remain in place. My 2010 route has used that rule and not noticed any difference when updated to TRS19.

. . .
Question for Pierre: "ScheduleAtTrackmark" rule in versions before TANE (kuid2:61392:2001:4) had the option to Insert (not Append) a command string BEFORE the current command in the trains schedule and the current schedule command was retained after the inserted command. This option went away in kuid2:61392:2001:6, and only "replace current command" and "append" to schedule are options now. I did use it with my old TRS2010 route to dynamically amend a schedule, Is there a reason this can no longer be done? If I have this option, I can use it like before to solve this problem.

Hi Robert.

I don't understand at all your question, as for me ScheduleAtTrackmark in all its DLS version from (kuid2:61392:2001:1) to (kuid2:61392:2001:6) have always had only two options : replace the current schedule or append to the current schedule. For me there has never been any version released on DLS offering the option to insert the new schedule before the current schedule … so there is no change in TRS19 and the rule works as before it did … May be you are confusing with another rule from someone else offering this type of option …?

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi Robert.

I don't understand at all your question, as for me ScheduleAtTrackmark in all its DLS version from (kuid2:61392:2001:1) to (kuid2:61392:2001:6) have always had only two options : replace the current schedule or append to the current schedule. For me there has never been any version released on DLS offering the option to insert the new schedule before the current schedule … so there is no change in TRS19 and the rule works as before it did … May be you are confusing with another rule from someone else offering this type of option …?

Regards.
Pierre.

Pierre, I find that I must make an apology. When I investigated why the command worked differently, I discovered that I did modify it to add an "InsertBefore" option some long time past for for my own use. I have now made the same changes to (kuid2:61392:2001:6) and it works the same way in TRS2019 as before in my TRS2010 route. I do not publish changes because I respect copyrights and the protection of work done by other persons. If I can find someplace to store it on the cloud, I will send you a link to a CDP file with the changes that I made. It is your right to upload them to the DLS if you wish. As an alternative, you can send to me via PM a direct email link and I will send the changes to you as an attachment. The config file will need to be updated for all languages other than English as I only made the change in English.

Best regards,
Robert704
Tacoma & Eastern RR (v)

ScheduleAtTrackmark in all its DLS version from (kuid2:61392:2001:1) to (kuid2:61392:2001:6) have always had only two options : replace the current schedule or append to the current schedule.

That should read replace the current command not schedule.

Back