warning message

lenscab

Hi all,,, Can someone help with this please. I don't know what it means but when I load my route and go into surveyor mode I get this message:
Warning: Achievement tracking will be disabled if any edits are made to the current Route/session. Have I done something wrong?.

Hi all,,, Can someone help with this please. I don't know what it means but when I load my route and go into surveyor mode I get this message:
Warning: Achievement tracking will be disabled if any edits are made to the current Route/session. Have I done something wrong?.
It appears to be a session that has been set up to test your abilities, modifying it may change the plot.

It just means that whatever setting you are about to commit will disable any achievement process and it won't monitor your progress for those achievements for the rest of the session game play. This will show up if you are using the driver to surveyor function starting with Trainz PLUS 3.

Cheers

Achievements are optional Goals that can be added to a session - for example "arrive at a particular station by a set time", "load or unload a particular cargo", etc

While it may be possible to have achievements unique to a session or a route it is more likely that this error message is referring to the builtin "Career Mode" achievements which measure Global values like time played, experience with shunting cars, making industry pickups and drops, passenger station pickups and such. For example, 100 hours of driving in DCC mode or finishing a tutorial are tracked by builtin achievements. Disabling the system makes sense if the goal is to defeat cheating such as moving your passenger train back and forth at the station. Sounds silly I know but maybe someone really wants to increase their rank?

If you want to see your achievements progress, look under the main menu of the startup screen for achievements... This is a bigger deal on Steam where you can compare yourself to everyone in the world.

I see that hiawathamr and oknotsen has some custom ones on the DLS.

William

Last edited:
Since I don't follow a 'career' in Trainz, I find this to be annoying. It would be nice if there was an option to turn off career tracking completely for those of us who use our own routes.

Ah, I agree too. But we are old and no longer relevant to a world that has passed us by. We don't tweet our every thought or upload a hundred selfies a day to Instagram. We don't seek to find meaning to our lives in how others see us. We are happy to be good people and offer a helping hand to people in need.

William

We don't tweet our every thought or upload a hundred selfies a day to Instagram. We don't seek to find meaning to our lives in how others see us. We are happy to be good people and offer a helping hand to people in need.

If you tell that to kids these days they won't believe you! [Old Codger Truism]

Back