Added ground terrain rips and elevation separation where the grids are joined?

Robert704

I have recently experienced a problem where two sections of terrain join. The terrain grid edges for the joined sections seem to have become separated. One side of the split still responds to surveyor if elevation changes or textures are changed, but the other side does not. On the affected side, the elevation and texture cannot be controlled. If you attempt to change the elevation of the joined point, one side responds the other does not, leaving a difference in elevation and a void between the elevations. The effect is like a "tear" along the joined sections of terrain, and extends for perhaps six or so, 5 meter sections. Attempts for repair this by copy and paste, database rebuilds, and separate editing or either side do not work. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to fix it?

Robert704
Tacoma & Eastern RR (v)

Is this a merge or simply adding baseboards? If it's an added board, have you tried deleting and adding the board again?
cheers
Graeme

It was at a baseboard boundary that was added a long time ago and has a lot of scenery and assets on it. I was never able to repair the route, but when I copied the route and main session it repaired itself in the copy. Strange. Anyhow, I deleted the original one and kept the copy, and now everything is back to normal.

Robert704
Tacoma & Eastern RR (v)

It was at a baseboard boundary that was added a long time ago and has a lot of scenery and assets on it. I was never able to repair the route, but when I copied the route and main session it repaired itself in the copy. Strange. Anyhow, I deleted the original one and kept the copy, and now everything is back to normal.

Robert704
Tacoma & Eastern RR (v)

It sounds like something got corrupted somewhere. Back ups are your friend as you found out.

Back