Issue with Multi Industry Track

Hi @ all,

since I'm slowly approaching the final phase of my current route project I ran into an issue with Multi Industry Tracks made by bekaember. Those assets stopped working after updating TRS19 to SP1, since then I'm no longer able to setup those tracks. Did anyone else encounter this issue? If so, do you know any alternative Industry tracks or a work-around in order to make those tracks/industries work again?

affected assets:

<kuid2:102376:63036:2> Multi Ind 5deg r=200 EN
<kuid:121794:60100> Multi Industry short
<kuid2:102376:63044:2> Multi Ind 5deg r=225 EN
<kuid2:102376:63102:1> Multi Ind str l= 200m
<kuid2:102376:63038:2> Multi Ind 5deg r=250 EN
<kuid2:102376:63046:2> Multi Ind 5deg r=255 EN
<kuid2:102376:63037:2> Multi Ind 10d r=200 EN
<kuid2:102376:63045:2> Multi Ind 10d r=225 EN
<kuid2:102376:63034:2> Multi Ind 10d r=100 EN
<kuid2:102376:63035:2> Multi Ind 10d r=150 EN
<kuid2:102376:63043:2> Multi Ind 5deg r=305 EN
<kuid2:102376:63039:2> Multi Ind 10d r=250 EN
<kuid2:102376:63041:2> Multi Ind 5deg r=300 EN
<kuid2:102376:63047:2> Multi Ind 10d r=255 EN
<kuid2:102376:63040:2> Multi Ind 10d r=300 EN
<kuid2:102376:63048:2> Multi Ind str l= 10m EN R
<kuid2:102376:63033:3> Multi Ind str l= 60m EN
<kuid2:102376:63032:2> Multi Ind str l= 20m EN
<kuid2:102376:63031:4> Multi Ind str l= 10m EN
<kuid2:102376:63042:2> Multi Ind 10d r=305 EN

It seems that just one step in the setup procedure of those tracks fails. After you select the goods you want to load/unload you're asked to select the track which shall load/unload cars, and that's where the issue lays, because in the appearing screen, no tracks can be selected... Any ideas?

Greetings,

Marcel

It has been a problem for some time because of a timeout since Tane came out.
The track will still operate as you choose whether to load or unload in the product window.
Cheers,
Mike

Hi,

The track will still operate as you choose whether to load or unload in the product window.
Mike

Well, it doesn't work at all, otherwise I wouldn't have started this thread...

Maybe some clarification is needed, I'm running TRS19 Build 105096

Greetings,

Marcel

Last edited:
Hi,

Well, it doesn't work at all, otherwise I wouldn't have started this thread...

Maybe some clarification is needed, I'm running TRS19 Build 105096

Greetings,

Marcel

I am creating a session for Philskene's IntenCity. Multi Ind Str does not work for me either. Cannot select a track to load on. TRS19 SP1

There is a large thread about this issue by MSGSapper. He ended up making his own and uploading them to the DLS.

William

There is a large thread about this issue by MSGSapper. He ended up making his own and uploading them to the DLS.

William

Yes, I am looking at his SAP_BI3 assets. I do not think his Railroad one is working, either. Selecting a product from the pop up window returns the previous one in the list.

Last edited:
Hmm -- sorry guys, but I can't replicate the MIN issue.

I've run two tests, both with "Multi Ind str l=60m EN".
_____

In the first I took a layout and session constructed in TRS19 without SP1. "TRS19 - The Deepwater Railroad - Session 4". Part of the session requires the player to load steel plates on freight cars configured to carry oversize steel plate. I downloaded and installed the route and session into TRS19 + SP1.

The freight cars load perfectly at the MIN. If anyone reading this thread want to try it, the route and session are on the Download Station.
_____

The second was a test route made up in TRS19 +SP1. My build number is 105096. The route was the MIN connected to tracks at both ends. The session was locomotive plus two flat cars that accept General Goods as the load. I configured the MIN to load General Goods.

The session ran perfectly.
_____

Marcel -- have you configured the MIN correctly? The method I use is shown in this video at about 1:15 onwards:

In the "Products" screen you don't actually need to nominate the cars to be loaded. But you do need to specify whether it's Tonnes, Litres or Items.

Phil

Last edited:
When you configure the MIN (in the video), you get selections in the Tracks tab. Some of us do not. Therefore no car can be selected for loading/unloading. There may be some combination of asset or library versions that come out differently depending on the path taken to your installations. I can use the same configuration technique for MsgSappers Bi3 and get a display for Tracks. I don't think user error is the root cause?

Since the build is something like 2.4, MIN surely does not use async. Maybe the successes are a roll of the dice depending on your installation.

Last edited:
Well, I suggest it could be one of two possible reasons:

Either the MIN is faulty (but then, why does it work for me?);
or
There is an issue with one or more commodities.
_____

For anyone who is having the "issue", can I suggest the following:

Make a clean install of TRS19 + SP1. Remember that you can have multiple installations (I have five).
Download and install "Multi Ind str l=60m EN". Nothing else.
Make a test route containing the MIN.
Make a session using just a built-in locomotive and an interactive freight car.
See if you can configure the MIN using the above video as a guide.
Report back here.

Phil

If memory serves, my version says built-in. Are you using a different version?
I can't say what version Phil has but TRS19 build 100240 NA Regional Edition indicates: <kuid2:102376:63033:3> Multi Ind str l= 60m EN is Built-in. Same KUID as specified in the OP.

CM list 3 other versions. 1 unknown and 2 available for DL and obsolete.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Multiple_Industry_New (short track) <kuid2:458053:101007:1> on DLS, version works the same as built-in Multiple_Industry_New [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:-25:1224> for a half-dozen slots, and currently what I primarily use to replace the troublesome industries on DL'd route clones. Also, Jordon412 has his 412_BI3_Template [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:289739:100473> on the DLS, which allows unloading like the other MSGSapper BI3's at low speed and offers numerous slots.[/FONT][/FONT]

Multiple_Industry_New (short track) <kuid2:458053:101007:1> on DLS, version works the same as built-in Multiple_Industry_New [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:-25:1224> for a half-dozen slots, and currently what I primarily use to replace the troublesome industries on DL'd route clones. Also, Jordon412 has his 412_BI3_Template [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:289739:100473> on the DLS, which allows unloading like the other MSGSapper BI3's at low speed and offers numerous slots.[/FONT][/FONT]

Allow me to explain the 412_BI3_Template:
It is basically MSGSapper's BI3 industries but with all the predetermined industries removed, so it can be completely configured to your liking like the Multiple Industry pieces.

Philskene,

I have tried the industry track with built-in tracks, engine, and gondola in TANE and TRS19. The product I use is Woodchips, which shows as "Base". I have configured this industry track and SAP_BI3 industry track side by side. Since the TANE and TRS19 are using 2 different builds, I don't see why a clean install would be change anything. Both downloads would have had to be defective.

All I get in the multi ind st when I use the tracks tab is "Product hozzaadasa". (The first 2 "a" characters have a tilde above them). Also, the multi cannot find all the similar gondolas on the test route when using the Products Tab (and does not find the one on its own track).

In the same tests, the BI3 with to the best of my ability using the same attempted configuration functions flawlessly.

In my world, this industry track does not work. Maybe it works better in Australia because of the different hemisphere, who knows? For my creations, I intend to use the BI3 ones, or I plan to try the other ones suggested on this thread.

Thanks for your thoughts.

One final suggestion.

Made a backup cdp of all the commodities that are not built-in. Then delete all the non built-ins. Try configuring the MIN again. If it works then one or more of the commodities you have downloaded is faulty. If it don't --- hmm.

Reinstall all your downloaded commodities.

That "Product hozzaadasa" is curious. Perhaps you have the Hungarian MIN installed instead of the EN one? From memory it does come in several languages.

Phil

That "Product hozzaadasa" is curious. Perhaps you have the Hungarian MIN installed instead of the EN one? From memory it does come in several languages.

Phil

It appears in the top line, almost like a warning. It apparently is not an acceptable product, as the window cannot be closed with a check mark.

Google says it translates as "chilled" in Corsican. Not much help here.

Curiously, the same 'language' message appears when encountered in my TRS19, and those industries do not work.

In my limited experience, there are a few of those type industries that resist configuration and operation, esp. the str l = ones.

Philskene,

I saved to cdp and deleted 1062 commodities (built in false, installed true). You were RIGHT, the multi ind str does show a proper interface for the Tracks tab. However, I still see some issues. First, the asset only identifies the "gondola mill 52ft Railgon" as shown in these quotes. This is even though the properties have a 1 or 2 or whatever after them in the name, depending on how many cars of this type are on the route. I don't know if the creator intended to load any cars of that type, or will not load any since the properties name is incomplete.

Secondly, I still cannot get the track to load or unload, even with just Woodchips. I suppose this could be operator error, but I am still configuring it the same way as I would the BI3 industry tracks. At this point, I am still not a fan of using this 2.4 build asset in future development. Code does not seem to be fault-tolerant enough. Just my opinion.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
Back