Identifying Red/Orange Box items

ecco

I downloaded lewiscc65's Sea Port/Industrial Sp4 in T:ANE. There are a lot of Red Boxes corresponding to Missing Dependencies - Available for download. I'd prefer to not DL all the missing items. Some are just trees, I have a lot of trees, or a 16mb station, I have a lot of stations.

Surveyor knows the general size and shape of the missing assets. For example, a red box for a missing bridge support looks like a bridge support; a red box for a large store has large box.

Is there any way to get Surveyor to tell us what the name or kuid of the missing item is by clicking on it or something?

If there was, one could just download the items that are really needed instead of just adding a lot of clutter.

I downloaded lewiscc65's Sea Port/Industrial Sp4 in T:ANE. There are a lot of Red Boxes corresponding to Missing Dependencies - Available for download. I'd prefer to not DL all the missing items. Some are just trees, I have a lot of trees, or a 16mb station, I have a lot of stations.

Surveyor knows the general size and shape of the missing assets. For example, a red box for a missing bridge support looks like a bridge support; a red box for a large store has large box.

Is there any way to get Surveyor to tell us what the name or kuid of the missing item is by clicking on it or something?

If there was, one could just download the items that are really needed instead of just adding a lot of clutter.

At present other than looking at the missing assets in Manage Content and guessing what a missing item might be, not there isn't any way of getting a name or kuid, maybe a future feature though according to N3V.

N3V attempted to install an asset. They could not find it in the database. N3V knew the ID of the item since they looked for it. All they have to do is reveal that ID when you click on an orange box. However, if the ID is messed-up (invalid construct), then both you and N3V are left with a problem.

Back