Track Priority q for TRS19

valbridge

Rail Tragic
I cannot seem to find a set train priority rule like the 'priorityz' rule in TANE.

If I have a priority 1 consist terminating in a station with a further command to travel empty to the CS [from a priority 1 track to a priority 3 track] how can I change the trains priority status [from 1 to 3] within the driver instructions?

Any help would be appreciated.

If I have a priority 1 consist terminating in a station with a further command to travel empty to the CS [from a priority 1 track to a priority 3 track] how can I change the trains priority status [from 1 to 3] within the driver instructions?

A p1 train will drive over P3 tracks to a destination on a P3 track if given specific instructions like: DriveTo Trackmark CS1 without the need to change the train's priority.

A p1 train will drive over P3 tracks to a destination on a P3 track if given specific instructions like: DriveTo Trackmark CS1 without the need to change the train's priority.

Interesting ecco, was under the impression a class 1 consist would be unable to travel a P3 track without changing its status. Logically speaking then would a class 3 consist travel on a Priority 1 track under similar conditions you mentioned?

If there are no P1 track markers on the forward path of a P1 consist then it will take the usual shortest available paths even if those paths contains P2 and P3 track markers.

The priority track markers "fool" an AI consist (a very easy thing to do, or so I have been told) with the matching priority level into "thinking" that that path is shorter than the other possible paths. Consists with a different priority level may also "think" the same thing.

A P1 path only affects P1 consists. A P2 path only affects P2 consists. A P3 path only affects P3 consists.

Interesting ecco, was under the impression a class 1 consist would be unable to travel a P3 track without changing its status. Logically speaking then would a class 3 consist travel on a Priority 1 track under similar conditions you mentioned?

An immediate destination overrides priorities. A P3 train will go to an industry, or a Trackmark, on P1 tracks if told to do so with a DriveTo command.

I use it primarily to prevent "shortcutting" through industry sidings (which always drove me nuts).

It is also great where there are multiple yard-like tracks to pass thru. I used to put Trackmarks on the preferred path and use (lots of) Drive Via Trackmark commands. Now I just set the preferred path tracks to P1. Much easier.

When you zoom out to where tracks are shown as blue lines, P1 tracks will show as white and P2 as light blue.

I only learned about priority usage a few months ago from a forum post. I sadly cannot remember who told me about it, but Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Back